Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 01:45 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
And more than likely he will be like Janoris Jenkins and every other big time I-A athlete who has to transfer to I-AA... He will still get drafted, just not as high as before. I think the Lynch Mob type rhetoric is overboard.
I never saw him as a real hot NFL prospect to begin with. He's listed at 5'9 (which means 5'7), 180lbs, with surprisingly mediocre speed and suspect coverage ability. Sure, he's a ball hawk in college, but that won't come as easy at the next level. Now add the "problem child" label and I see him as a day two pick at BEST.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I never saw him as a real hot NFL prospect to begin with. He's listed at 5'9 (which means 5'7), 180lbs, with surprisingly mediocre speed and suspect coverage ability. Sure, he's a ball hawk in college, but that won't come as easy at the next level. Now add the "problem child" label and I see him as a day two pick at BEST.
OMG... He's a day two pick in the NFL. He must be terrible...

Old 08-14-2012, 03:12 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,312,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
He is a fabulous player but weak in character. Given multiple chances to behave and he failed. He'll do it again, no matter where he is.
You know him personally?

Oh, you don't? Didn't think so.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
OMG... He's a day two pick in the NFL. He must be terrible...
When did I say he was "terrible"? I believe what I said is I don't expect him to be a "real hot prospect" by NFL standards. A real hot prospect would be a first or second round pick, not a day two pick (or worse).

Old 08-14-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
When did I say he was "terrible"? I believe what I said is I don't expect him to be a "real hot prospect" by NFL standards. A real hot prospect would be a first or second round pick, not a day two pick (or worse).
When did I say you called him "terrible"?

Geez man... You are a perpetual backpedaller. The tone of your comment was obviously meant as a shot against him not being very good by calling him a day two pick. My comment was an even more obvious mock of yours... Hence the

And the last time I checked Thousands of kids are eligible but will not even get drafted every year... So to try and slight even a day two prospect is just hate. especially a heisman finalists.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
When did I say you called him "terrible"?

Geez man... You are a perpetual backpedaller. The tone of your comment was obviously meant as a shot against him not being very good by calling him a day two pick. My comment was an even more obvious mock of yours... Hence the

And the last time I checked Thousands of kids are eligible but will not even get drafted every year... So to try and slight even a day two prospect is just hate. especially a heisman finalists.
The Heisman has been a mockery for years. To avoid "backpedaling," I'll make a forward prediction. Tyrann Mathieu will spend less than two full seasons in the NFL.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
The guy had no business being in college in the first place. The only reason he ever darkened the door of a university was because he could play football. Geez. I love the game, but I wish colleges would quit trying to be a farm system for the NFL. It undermines their integrity.

Old 08-17-2012, 09:28 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
You know him personally?

Oh, you don't? Didn't think so.
Do you know him personally?

When a college football player, given so much by his school/program and his genetics, can't give up weed, I think that says he is weak in character.

All reports indicate this is a recurring issue for him. And now today they say he is in rehab.

I think it is reasonable to say that most people in rehab are weak in character. They may still be fine people, but not fine members of a college football team.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
The guy had no business being in college in the first place. The only reason he ever darkened the door of a university was because he could play football. Geez. I love the game, but I wish colleges would quit trying to be a farm system for the NFL. It undermines their integrity.
Let's be honest here... LSU is not a school that comes to mind when you think of academic integrity anyway. So being a farm system for the NFL suits them very well. It sure as hell pays a lot of the bills!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Tha same can be said of half the players in colege or the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football