Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
*silence*
The "silence" comes from a couple of factors:

1) On Saturday evening, I am not sitting in from of my computer waiting to pounce on someone on an online message board. I have a life.

2) Your endless cheerleading of the ACC. The same ACC that has been as bad as anyone in non-conference play. 0-3 last weekend against the Big East? 0-2 this weekend against the Big 12? I can admit the B1G has been disappointing, but the only ACC team doing anything of value this year has wins over Murray State, Savannah State, Wake Forest, and Clemson. 3 wins that mean nothing, and a win against a team whose defense is known to be terrible. At least Florida State has a chance next weekend to play South Florida, coming off a loss to Ball State. Such brutality with the scheduling.

3) It is sad that you taunt the SEC as well. I mean seriously, how insane does someone have to be to think the ACC is as good as the SEC, Pac 12, or Big 12 right now? Considering the ACC's struggles against the Big East, maybe you could put the Big East ahead of the ACC as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 02:22 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post

1) On Saturday evening, I am not sitting in from of my computer waiting to pounce on someone on an online message board. I have a life.

2) Your endless cheerleading of the ACC. The same ACC that has been as bad as anyone in non-conference play. 0-3 last weekend against the Big East? 0-2 this weekend against the Big 12? I can admit the B1G has been disappointing, but the only ACC team doing anything of value this year has wins over Murray State, Savannah State, Wake Forest, and Clemson. 3 wins that mean nothing, and a win against a team whose defense is known to be terrible. At least Florida State has a chance next weekend to play South Florida, coming off a loss to Ball State. Such brutality with the scheduling.

3) It is sad that you taunt the SEC as well. I mean seriously, how insane does someone have to be to think the ACC is as good as the SEC, Pac 12, or Big 12 right now? Considering the ACC's struggles against the Big East, maybe you could put the Big East ahead of the ACC as well.
At this point I think it is fair to say the Big East is better than the ACC in football, even without WVU.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:03 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Florida St did not really impress that much yesterday. Sorry, but they allowed 37 points and while they did score 49, it was against a team that allowed 70 in a major bowl game against WVU.

Oregon, Georgia, and South Carolina, on the other hand, were pretty solid. Oregon by far was the most impressive.
Georgia has played who??? South Carolina almost lost to Vandy week 1. Oregon beat an unranked team. Super impressive.

To WVU comment, see the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Toast
Did I really care about your response about the Big 10? No. P.S. Notre Dame, yes ND a future ACC team, just easily took out Michigan one of your best teams.

The silence was in reference to you guys pulling for FSU to lose and then they win. And when the mid 3rd hit and Clemson was demolished, all were silenced. But hey, Cry was probably crying from midday knowing his team almost lost to Maryland, our bottom. *chuckle*

Quote:
And the Big 10 has put up quality performances against OOC... Come on Bro. Give it up. The Big 10 is the worst conference. Worse than Big Least. Yes, I said it.

P.S. ACC only played one Big 12 school this past weekend and they were ranked. What did you expect. Reaching far now. As for Kansas St, they beat Oklahoma in Norman i.e. putting towards the top in the Big 12.

Quote:
When did I claim that? I haven't. If you are talking about me reality checking the Georgia fan, it has nothing to do with the ACC. Reaching again. Man you try so hard.

Again, sorry the Big 10 is the worst conference in college football this year. Hey at least most of you guys stay in conference now... we don't want any Ohio and Central Michigan's of the world embarrassing them any longer... well until bowl season hits (and Ohio St can't play).

Old 09-23-2012, 03:18 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,913 times
Quote:
Georgia has played who??? South Carolina almost lost to Vandy week 1. Oregon beat an unranked team. Super impressive.
South Carolina and Georgia both manhandled Mizzou, and they've been consistently improving on both sides of the football. Clemson has talent on offense for sure, but Fla. St. gave up 37 points - not exactly dominant. I was impressed with Florida State's speed and their maturity in handling pressure - I'll give them that. But they're far from a convincing top-five team. The only real test for FSU on their schedule is Florida, and it remains to be seen whether Florida is a contender or a pretender at this point. But Florida State gave up 400+ yards in total offense, with 136 coming on the ground. That's not too encouraging if they're playing an SEC team or Oregon - or even WVU or Texas for that matter. There are still quite a few teams who would not be intimidated by having FSU on their schedule. Not when FSU gives up about as many points in 3 quarters as LSU or Alabama have in four games. LOL! I don't think Oregon's gonna be scared knowing FSU gives up 400 yards in offense to Clemson, especially knowing the Ducks put up about 50-60 points a game. LOL! I would cool off with the hyper-enthusiasm at this juncture.

I do agree that the Big10 is pretty sorry this year. I do think Ohio State will change that in time.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM

709 posts, read 1,400,952 times
The SEC!SEC!SEC! bias in the polls has gotten to the point of absurdity. I mean seriously K. State just beat OU and yet it is still ranked 7/8 with SC and UGA are both ranked ahead of it? 4 of the top 6 teams are in the SEC, and not a single one of those teams have beaten a single team that is currently ranked. Not one.

Bama and LSU I can understand being ranked up there, but there is no excuse for UGA and S Carolina to be ranked ahead of K State. Or even Stanford for that matter. I would even put Notre Dame ahead of those two SEC!SEC!SEC! teams. At least they have done something of note this year.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:

To WVU comment, see the other thread.

Did I really care about your response about the Big 10? No. P.S. Notre Dame, yes ND a future ACC team, just easily took out Michigan one of your best teams.

The silence was in reference to you guys pulling for FSU to lose and then they win. And when the mid 3rd hit and Clemson was demolished, all were silenced. But hey, Cry was probably crying from midday knowing his team almost lost to Maryland, our bottom. *chuckle*

And the Big 10 has put up quality performances against OOC... Come on Bro. Give it up. The Big 10 is the worst conference. Worse than Big Least. Yes, I said it.

P.S. ACC only played one Big 12 school this past weekend and they were ranked. What did you expect. Reaching far now. As for Kansas St, they beat Oklahoma in Norman i.e. putting towards the top in the Big 12.

When did I claim that? I haven't. If you are talking about me reality checking the Georgia fan, it has nothing to do with the ACC. Reaching again. Man you try so hard.

Again, sorry the Big 10 is the worst conference in college football this year. Hey at least most of you guys stay in conference now... we don't want any Ohio and Central Michigan's of the world embarrassing them any longer... well until bowl season hits (and Ohio St can't play).
Why would I cry? We beat Maryland, and have beat them every meeting for years. I also enjoy when WVU beats a ACC team, not that it is a big accomplishment. At no point did WVU almost lose to MD. WVU didnt beat Maryland as much as expected, and I agree they didnt play well, but at the same time FSU didnt play well. In fact for much of the game Clemson was winning, and they are not that good.

Stop bragging about beating Clemson. They are not a good team. They are good for the ACC, but that isnt saying much. FSU only faces cupcake teams this year, and the only opportunity they have to face a good team is in a bowl. If FSU beats anyone good in a bowl, than you can brag, until then I would shut up about them beating ACC teams.

Also you need to stop talking down to the Big 10 while promoting the Big Ten. The Big 10 is having a bad year, but it is still leagues better than the ACC, which I would rank below the Big East. If you supported the SEC or Big 12 and talked down to the Big 10 I could understand, but seriously you are going to support the ACC and talk down to the Big 10?

That is why nobody in this forum takes you seriously. Week after week the ACC looks bad and yet you continue to try and make them look good. Nobody is buying it. When the ACC does something, which they havent done for a long time then we can talk.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:30 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
South Carolina and Georgia both manhandled Mizzou, and they've been consistently improving on both sides of the football.
Mizzou is a joke. Those wins were expected.

Quote:
The only real test for FSU on their schedule is Florida, and it remains to be seen whether Florida is a contender or a pretender at this point.
People will come up with some sort of excuse if FSU wins. Like oh Florida is a pretender... what a cakewalk for FSU. Blah Blah Blah

Quote:
But Florida State gave up 400+ yards in total offense, with 136 coming on the ground. That's not too encouraging if they're playing an SEC team or Oregon - or even WVU or Texas for that matter. There are still quite a few teams who would not be intimidated by having FSU on their schedule. Not when FSU gives up about as many points in 3 quarters as LSU or Alabama have in four games. LOL! I don't think Oregon's gonna be scared knowing FSU gives up 400 yards in offense to Clemson, especially knowing the Ducks put up about 50-60 points a game. LOL! I would cool off with the hyper-enthusiasm at this juncture.
And that is why Alabama and LSU are above us, even though LSU should be below us at this point. They almost lost to Auburn, a team Clemson beat convincely.

There are plenty who are afraid to play FSU. FSU needed someone to play when WVU pulled out (due to "Big 12 is already hard enough" so they kept JMU instead) and no one would play us; hence paying for Savannah St to break their contract with Northern Iowa to play us (as they were the only one to step up).

Oregon is never going to play FSU so we won't know what they will and wont do. Oregon most likely will end up in the Rose Bowl, where an ACC team will never play. Note we will agree to disagree but I feel Sammy Watkins and Andre Ellington are overall stronger threats on offense than any of the Oregon backs or wideouts.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:27 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,787,312 times
I heard something about the bowl system changing into a 4 team tournament to decide the championship. Does that start this year?

Old 09-24-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I heard something about the bowl system changing into a 4 team tournament to decide the championship. Does that start this year?
No.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM

4,070 posts, read 5,604,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I believe it starts at the end of the 2014 season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football