Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times

Advertisements

It seems like anyone who can and will get hired is just somebody who did and got fired somewhere else, or at least resigned before they got fired like Tommy Tuberville.

Guys like Mike Leach was fired for being an a-hole, and is now at Wazzou, but is being accused of the same thing. Charlie Weis was fired at ND for not winning enough, and Kansas isnt so hot, but he has not been there long enough I guess. P Pasqualoni was fired at Cuse, and now at UCONN, and I guess he deserves more time.

I have not heard of Ron Zook, Jim Leavitt, or Tim Brewster for a while. Who would you rather see get hired, and DCoor, OCoor without major head experience, or a proven veteran who fell off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 PM

1,482 posts, read 1,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
It seems like anyone who can and will get hired is just somebody who did and got fired somewhere else, or at least resigned before they got fired like Tommy Tuberville.

Guys like Mike Leach was fired for being an a-hole, and is now at Wazzou, but is being accused of the same thing. Charlie Weis was fired at ND for not winning enough, and Kansas isnt so hot, but he has not been there long enough I guess. P Pasqualoni was fired at Cuse, and now at UCONN, and I guess he deserves more time.

I have not heard of Ron Zook, Jim Leavitt, or Tim Brewster for a while. Who would you rather see get hired, and DCoor, OCoor without major head experience, or a proven veteran who fell off?
Kansas is not ND and has ,for most of its history, not been that good.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Richt is not in trouble; this has been a good year, but Chizik SHOULD go. He had a great recruiting class and has done nothing with it. His program lacks discipline and structure. If he doesn't leave, Auburn can expect more of the same next season.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:38 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Dooley should be gone soon. Running out the clock in regulation, while sitting on your, I think it was 40 yard line, with 43 seconds and 2 timeouts left, just not smart.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 AM

Looks like Dooley, and Tedford are indeed out. Who you think they bring in?

Old 11-22-2012, 11:14 AM

108 posts, read 393,170 times
Default Notre Dame - Bob Diaco - Great Football Coach

Notre Dame Fighting Irish Defensive Coordinator / Linebackers Coach / Assistant Head Coach - Bob Diaco is clearly the hottest prospect for a head coaching job at a major university.

Bob Diaco is too good of a coach to coach at some of the schools actually intersted in him right now like :

UNLV
New Mexico State
Eastern Michagen
Central Michagen

There are 2 Universities that should look at Bob Diaco as a Head Coach and those are :

Colorado

and

Cal

I think Bob Diaco would be a good fit for one of those schools out in the Pac 12.

Last edited by Demps; 11-22-2012 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,937,966 times
Mike London of Virginia should be on the hot seat but will be another year. The Cavaliers will most likely lose their last game (VaTech) this season, ending the season with a 4-8 record - way below expectations.

Penn State will be looking for another head coach if Bill O'Brien leaves for the pros.

Would be surprised if Marrone at Syracuse and Pasqualoni at UConn are both given another year.

Last edited by NJ2MDdude; 11-22-2012 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-22-2012, 01:41 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
Other possibilities to be fired are John L. Smith and Gene Chizik.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demps View Post
Notre Dame Fighting Irish Defensive Coordinator / Linebackers Coach / Assistant Head Coach - Bob Diaco is clearly the hottest prospect for a head coaching job at a major university.

Bob Diaco is too good of a coach to coach at some of the schools actually intersted in him right now like :

UNLV
New Mexico State
Eastern Michagen
Central Michagen

There are 2 Universities that should look at Bob Diaco as a Head Coach and those are :

Colorado

and

Cal

I think Bob Diaco would be a good fit for one of those schools out in the Pac 12.
Actually, I would think Bob Diaco would like to return home to the Northeast if BC, and Cuse are in the hunt after the season. He was one of the possibilities to take the Rutgers job after Schiano left.

He would have an easier time recruiting in the Northeast as that is already his territory. If he heads out west, he will not have the connections.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Mike London of Virginia should be on the hot seat but will be another year. The Cavaliers will most likely lose their last game (VaTech) this season, ending the season with a 4-8 record - way below expectations.

Penn State will be looking for another head coach if Bill O'Brien leaves for the pros.

Would be surprised if Marrone at Syracuse and Pasqualoni at UConn are both given another year.
Pasqualoni deserves at least another year. I think Cuse may give Marrone another year as he is alumni, and was favored by the other alumni.

Do you think O'Brien is going to bolt after all the things he said he was going to do? Why did he even take the job, was he just desperate for a payday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football