Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM

108 posts, read 393,383 times

Advertisements

Nothing in life is guaranteed so I am making no guarantees here.

Notre Dame vs. Alabama might just happen for the College Football Championship.

There are clearly the 2 best football teams in College Football.

This would be an epic matchup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 04:52 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,985,759 times
Well it could but we're a long way from that point. Too much football left to be played.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,604,135 times
My question to you all is which do you see as more likely to happen: Notre Dame losing to USC in Los Angeles, or Alabama losing to Georgia in the Georgia Dome?

Old 11-18-2012, 06:53 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,898,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
My question to you all is which do you see as more likely to happen: Notre Dame losing to USC in Los Angeles, or Alabama losing to Georgia in the Georgia Dome?
UGA vs Bama is a toss up... Should be a great game.

I think UGA has better athletes but it might come down to coaching. And we know go has that edge.

I don't see USC beating ND anymore. I did, but after watching USC get crushed by UCLA, they are terrible.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:57 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,254,299 times
I don't like either but if it comes down to this then Fold Tide Fold.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:02 PM

108 posts, read 393,383 times
There is a chance that Georgia could beat Alabama.

I am confident that Notre Dame will beat USC.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,985,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demps View Post
There is a chance that Georgia could beat Alabama.

I am confident that Notre Dame will beat USC.
Well USC is beaten, demoralized, and Matt Barkley (according to reports) won't be playing. They are a wounded animal and they can be dangerous. I hope ND doesn't think for one second this game will be easy. If USC can't win the MNC they would love nothing more than to ruin our season. Lee and Woods are dangerous no matter who is throwing to them.

Cut off the running game, take away the big play, and ground 'n pound. Lee and Woods can't do anything from the bench so sit on the ball and eat up the clock. I trust Diaco to draw up a winning scheme but I haven't been this nervous since the Vikings played the Saints in the NFCCG.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:25 PM

518 posts, read 407,272 times
I think there's a big chance Georgia could beat Alabama. The question is, can they keep their minds focused on Georgia Tech? I also agree that if it's a tight game, coaching could be the difference, and I absolutely agree that Saban has to be given the edge there. But Richt has won some big games in his tenure. He has two SEC titles and he won the Sugar Bowl against Hawaii in 2008.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:27 PM

518 posts, read 407,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well USC is beaten, demoralized, and Matt Barkley (according to reports) won't be playing. They are a wounded animal and they can be dangerous. I hope ND doesn't think for one second this game will be easy. If USC can't win the MNC they would love nothing more than to ruin our season. Lee and Woods are dangerous no matter who is throwing to them.

Cut off the running game, take away the big play, and ground 'n pound. Lee and Woods can't do anything from the bench so sit on the ball and eat up the clock. I trust Diaco to draw up a winning scheme but I haven't been this nervous since the Vikings played the Saints in the NFCCG.
I don't see Notre Dame losing this one. But I didn't see Kansas State losing to Baylor, either. I think the Irish are similar to Georgia in that they're talented, they know it, and they sometimes let that get to their heads and play down to the level of their competition. However, right now, both teams seem to be maturing from week to week and they seem to be taking care of the games they should be winning.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:42 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,317,273 times
Bama is angry at themselves for losing to A&M, and this will make them play better. I also disagree about the better athletes comment. Have you looked at Bama? We are deep and talented. Georgia has a few standouts, but we have more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football