Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 07:12 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,303 times

Advertisements

So he is staying because he's mad at the media?

From ESPN:
"Brown had previously confided in those close to him that he was resigning, the source said. However, Brown was "enraged" when the news leaked to the media, and he decided to change course, according to the source."

NCAAF Source: Mack Brown fighting for job - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Looks like Mack's back!!! Bwahahahahahaha!!!! 4 more years! 4 more years! Shaggy is in full meltdown. Can't even access the site. Lmao

I guess this makes Saban the head-coach-in-waiting at texas? Lmao

Old 12-13-2013, 09:49 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
It may have more to do with what Mrs. Saban wants.

I think Saban to Texas is a done deal.
Lol. Looks like you are back on your losing streak again.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Bama get in a bidding war with Texas?

lmao.

Actually, I'm hoping for Jim Harbaugh.

You are probably right about Nick though, he doesn't need Texas and the *******ry meddling that comes with it.
Bidding war? LMAO...what is Texas gonna do in a bidding war for Saban? You're only gonna pay the guy so much. If they offer him an insane amount of money, they'd only hurt themselves in the long run. I know the school is wealthy, but let's not get carried away.

Saban already has cars, homes, plane use, golf club memberships, etc...Texas can't offer him anything that he doesn't already have.

As for Harbaugh, he's already in a dynamite job. Trade San Fran for Austin? Why would any sane person do that? He's a Bay Area guy and if he wanted to stay in college, he'd still be at Stanford. Sure, that's not as lucrative as the UT job, but Palo Alto is his hometown.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:51 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Lol. Looks like you are back on your losing streak again.
At least my team isn't on one. Lol.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Personally, if I were Mack Brown, I would spend the next nine months intentionally making the worst possible decisions, firing good assistant coaches and hiring terrible ones. Then, a week out from the first game, I would quit. That would serve Texas right for jerking him around the way it did.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:09 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I think Mac stays 1 or 2 more years then resigns. It will give the new AD plenty of time to find 'his' coach, and lets Mac retire (one would hope) with some dignity. Now if he's able to recruit a decent QB he may be there for 3.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:11 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
At least my team isn't on one. Lol.
It doesnt matter who your team is or what theyve done. They arent as good as bama which is why you spend most of your time obsessing about them. I dont even know who your team is because you spend most of your time posting about Bama.

who you got for the sugar bowl? Wait let me guess...

Old 12-14-2013, 08:20 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Personally, if I were Mack Brown, I would spend the next nine months intentionally making the worst possible decisions, firing good assistant coaches and hiring terrible ones. Then, a week out from the first game, I would quit. That would serve Texas right for jerking him around the way it did.
He has already done most of the things you list.

One of Mack's best qualities is his inherent character. I think UT would have to somehow personally harm him or his family for him to ever behave like a child.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:29 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
I have believed (with no proof of course) that Patterson was not eager to start his reign as AD by firing Mack and hiring a new coach. I figured Mack's 8-4 season was minimally tolerable to reduce the "fire Mack" talk to a mild roar instead of a scream.

This story shows that Orangebloods.com once again showed why people shouldn't get their news from a fan site. And contrary to what most thought about how this scenario would play out - UT let it be very messy and unpleasant for Mack.

All of this makes the firing of Mike Sherman at A&M (which was poorly done) two years ago look smooth.

I have also thought that Saban's personality would be a poor match for UT. He is not a cheerleader like Mack. I'm sure he deals with big money alumni at Alabama, but I think the equivalent at UT is multiplied. I don't think Saban would deal very well with all the sucking up that occurs around the UT athletic department.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football