Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 09:10 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,721,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I don't think they should be eligible for student loans. That will shut them down.

Stats are equally dismal for exorbitantly priced trade schools that are so beloved by some. $30,000 loans for jobs that pay $12 to $14 an hour? Really? That should be illegal.

Jobs such as pharmacy tech, medical and dental assistant can be learned on the job. The last two have no benefits and no future. With or without trade school.
What? Medical assistants and dental assistants don’t get benefits? The benefits vary dramatically based on the practice. I went to one periodontist who closed the office for about a week every year and took the staff on a nice trip. I think one year they even went to Italy! I think his best friend from when he trained operated a similar model at his office in a different city. I had a friend who was a medical assistant. I think that was her only career and she had been with the same OBGYN for something like 30 years. She got pretty good benefits. I don’t think the pay was high, but she lived in a less expensive home in a nice beach community. She helped do the setups for various medical procedures and occasionally had long hours, but I think she enjoyed the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities