Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 10:37 AM

285 posts, read 1,206,006 times

Advertisements

What colleges have degrees in Television and Film production, Broadcast Journalism, Communications that are easily affordable and also gay friendly

I would like to be a TV Host for a traveling show or to interview celebrities such as (Musicians, Actors and Actresses)

When I was in high school and took Broadcast Video Production for 3 years I really liked interviewing people when I had a segment to do for school projects in BVP (Broadcast Video Production)

or I would like to be a Casting Director or Casting Assistant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTy9 View Post
What colleges have degrees in Television and Film production, Broadcast Journalism, Communications that are easily affordable and also gay friendly
"Easily affordable" is a relative term.
How much can you afford to spend?

And you mention being gay in all your posts. I doubt that many even care...

Old 06-27-2012, 12:48 PM

12,108 posts, read 23,278,346 times
For film schools, start here:

The 25 Best Film Schools Rankings - The Hollywood Reporter

As you can see, the best is not cheap, however some are cheaper than others.

I imagine damn near every state university in the country has a Communication degree.

Do you know the names of people whose claim to fame is interviewing famous people? If so, look up their bios and see where they went to school and what their degree is in. Do the same with directors and others in the industry.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:40 PM

93,302 posts, read 123,941,088 times
SUNY Oswego - School of Communications Media and the ArtsSchool of Communications Media and the Arts

Old 06-27-2012, 02:42 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,163,314 times
do a communications degree with a concentration in film or whatever...this should be a near universal offering

Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 AM

128 posts, read 320,010 times
That is a list of GRADUATE programs. The OP is looking for undergraduate programs. And, FYI... the phrase "film school" is usually reserved for graduate programs. I don't know why, but that's what I keep seeing and hearing. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
For film schools, start here:

The 25 Best Film Schools Rankings - The Hollywood Reporter

As you can see, the best is not cheap, however some are cheaper than others.

I imagine damn near every state university in the country has a Communication degree.

Do you know the names of people whose claim to fame is interviewing famous people? If so, look up their bios and see where they went to school and what their degree is in. Do the same with directors and others in the industry.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:53 AM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
San Francisco State University offers Bachelor's degrees in both Cinema and Broadcasting/Communications Arts. The Broadcasting Dept. is especially well-regarded, and it would be hard to find a more gay-friendly environment than San Francisco.

San Francisco State University

Old 07-02-2012, 02:29 PM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,673 times
Undergraduate degree programs in broadcast journalism are pretty common. One poster suggested researching the biographies of famous interviewers. This is a good idea and I would also add that you can simply go to the websites of your local TV stations and look at the bios of the local news anchors and reporters and see how they began their careers. Good luck.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:59 PM

497 posts, read 696,396 times
"Easily affordable" will depend largely on you getting in-state tuition. Here in Georgia, the University of Georgia (home of the Peabody Awards) would be your best bet. It has a phenomenal journalism school and the city of Athens is very gay-friendly.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:53 AM

18,723 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Emerson College in Boston. All communications, all the time. It's private, so pricey, but I don't know what its financial aid thing is. I have been surprised by the amount of aid (not loans) that some people can get from a private college.

Any work in media is gay friendly unless its the Focus on the Family Network or something. I wouldn't give it another thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities