Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:29 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,875,777 times

Advertisements

Physical therapy, Speech Language Pathology or Occupational Therapy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 08:58 PM

605 posts, read 867,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim jennings View Post
You have to get your bachelor's and master's degrees in Speech-language pathology.
Can you earn your Bachelors in something besides Speech-language pathology -then go on to ther MA?

In CA - one can definately make that salary with a Masters in Nursing. My BA will be in Psych and I may go for the MSN, only from advice from an old friend who is now an RN did she suggest going for my MSN after the BA to make the bucks. Here, you don't have to have a BSN to go on to an MSN.

There's a book called Do What You Love - The Money Will Follow

Old 12-23-2007, 04:58 AM

26 posts, read 195,396 times
MS Occupational Therapy

Old 12-27-2007, 08:33 AM

563 posts, read 2,774,950 times
With a Master's in Education and no teaching experience, you'll start @ about 47K in the city of Atlanta...

Old 12-27-2007, 08:35 AM

87 posts, read 126,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allwayz_smilin View Post
Ok, so my question is:
What Master's degree can you graduate with where you will make atleast 50 60K and still have a somewhat flexible schedule? I want to be home atleast most nights and weekends and still be able to attend my kids games, etc. Am I asking too much?

Please help!
An MBA would bge a good choice. Warning: make SURE the school is accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). Many "online" schools and for-profit institutions do not have this accreditation (regional accreditation not enough).

Old 05-29-2008, 10:28 PM

8 posts, read 153,996 times
Occupational, Physical, or Speech Therapy

I'm an OT in a nursing home and I get to set my own schedule. If the baby is sleeping good in the morning I'll turn off the alarm and go in an hour or two late with no problems-just say a little later in the evening. If it's a really pretty day and I want to go to the park I'll work a half day-leave at noon and make 3 or 4 hours up on Saturday. The pay is awesome, the work is so much fun (if you really like to help people that is...don't go into rehab just for the money though or you'll hate it). It's really a perfect job for a mommy who kinda would rather be a stay at home mom because of the flexibility. Also, my employer lets me work 30 hours a week for full time benefits rather than 40 and that 10 hours makes a world of difference (in at 8 and out at 2-I can drop the kids off at school AND pick them up!)

Old 05-30-2008, 08:15 AM

181 posts, read 906,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Physical therapy, Speech Language Pathology or Occupational Therapy
FYI the entry level degree for Physical Therapy is now a doctorate.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:59 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,251,985 times
A lot of people are tossing out ideas, but everyone seems to forget that you can't just enroll into any masters program that you want; it doesn't work like that, it's not like choosing an undergraduate major.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,716,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoveDiva View Post
With a Master's in Education and no teaching experience, you'll start @ about 47K in the city of Atlanta...
Man, I made 52K doing extra work one year in Los Angeles. Basically I was a breathing prop. Thank you SAG.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:41 AM

3 posts, read 9,910 times
what is the difference between getting your Masters in OT or your Phd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities