Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 03:36 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times

Advertisements

Just an FYI. This thread was started last May and the OP is no longer a member of this forum. Feel free to discuss, but know that the OP will not be answering.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2017, 05:34 PM

804 posts, read 545,848 times
Based off the title of this thread it would be wise to say Grow the $!#!!~@ up. Who cares if you sound like a "gringo" and flush embarassement the best people out there are "gringo".

History is basically you preaching the current events of the world. Want to be a proffessor in that?

Business majors are those managers usually who work there way up. However there are other kinds of business. This is a national circuit. Look at big business current CEO and the decisions they made from start to finish.

About Public Administration. Have no clue what that is. Maybe it is something related to politics. Seriously it sound like you had it made as a teacher.

1. Jump more then three different unrelated areas of studies.
2. Swapt majors.
3. Move to a place with a bigger taxes.

A. Go to a trade school and find something, or even take some certifications.

B. You have more then enough skills for a person who interacts with people who talks more then one language. They have organizations as well that will take almost any bachelour students. Especially ones that holds majors that involve interacting with people a lot.

About political science. Planning to run for office? You know those things you vote people for? Or how about some urban development. Seriously your putting yourself in a heavy position involving people. Might as well move to a state where bilingual police officers gain more pay just for speaking a second language.

Just grow up man. Grow up. Might as well become best buddies with the language department and consider combining all your skills into one trade.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:42 PM

243 posts, read 220,935 times
It's why I'm not going to pressure my kids to goto collage . But to seek out what they want to do .

Old 02-07-2017, 05:51 PM

804 posts, read 545,848 times
people needs guidance. If they do something they have no idea of how to make business of it or how to go along studying they will be lost. You are right and college is not the ultimate answer.

Old 02-08-2017, 01:40 PM

638 posts, read 978,784 times
trade stocks

Old 02-08-2017, 05:34 PM

809 posts, read 1,331,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down in a Hole View Post
So..that woukd be washington dc? I dont want to live there tho....

It was to be a lawyer..too expensive though. I heard that just to take the bar it is 2000 dollars!!

Then what skills are required? Im confused. The ads are asking for a 4 year degree in public administration. I have a masters. Whats the problem?
Maybe you have the education, you look great on paper (the resume), but how about the interview?

Old 02-08-2017, 09:59 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times
People who are confused like this will bounce around and struggle no matter what they do or where they go.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:17 AM

82 posts, read 81,759 times
Even though we know the OP is no longer a member of this forum, this is a good topic. I have a niece and a nephew who are both in a similar situation to his. They both got their degrees but can't find work in their field because they refuse to relocate. They grew up in Philadelphia, went to college in Philadelphia, have all their friends and family in Philadelphia, and refuse to leave Philadelphia. So...they stay stuck in jobs where they make minimum wage, and they are having trouble paying off their college loans. They needed to quit feeling sorry for themselves and send out resumes to cities where there are openings in their fields. Now, it's been at least 10+ years since they graduated from college and their skills are becoming outdated and rusty. IMO, they have nobody to blame but themselves and their parents who did not encourage them to "leave the nest." Oddly, both of their parents moved to Philadelphia from other states to take jobs in their fields.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:57 PM

729 posts, read 429,553 times
I feel sorry for the OP. Education system has got to do a better job of helping people find their passions (and the best paths into the corresponding careers) earlier on.

Old 03-06-2017, 09:36 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimuni View Post
I feel sorry for the OP. Education system has got to do a better job of helping people find their passions (and the best paths into the corresponding careers) earlier on.
This has more to do with actually knowing yourself, your strengths, interests, and skills, than it does any academic institution overseeing your trajectory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities