Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 02:39 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Ah-ha!!!!

So the $1,600 figure you've been blathering about includes not just the roof over your head, the security that goes with it, the furniture in the room etc. ... but it also includes your food, and "many other fees."

If you're living in an apartment, sweetie, you also have to buy your own food. You'd still have to pay the "many other fees" and the "telecommunications fee" because I'd assume no matter where you live if you take an online class you'd be paying a fee for it.

Bottom line: No one is forcing you to go to a specific college. No one is forcing you to go to any college. If you don't like the rules, go elsewhere.
I said this from the beginning of the thread about the other costs , bottom line is IT IS STILL REQUIRED. And I have already addressed the "there are other colleges" BS reasoning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 02:41 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
You mean there aren't other colleges??

No wonder the dorms were so crowded.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You mean there aren't other colleges??
Yah sure why not

Old 10-30-2008, 02:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
I have never heard of early placement at a community college, in fact, I really don't understand what you mean by that? Post-secondary education is education AFTER high school. So what with the rolling admission? If they start the nursing sequence in the fall, and have to have the pre-reqs done to start, it doesn't matter when they were admitted! "Rolling admission" at most colleges refers to no deadline to get the admission apps in, it doesn't mean they'll take you while you're still in high school!

CCs do not usually have dorms! Write that 100 times on a paper towel!
Quote:
Well one, I am not talking about community colleges! Two, Post-Secondary here refers to the classes taken in HS, with rolling admission if you get most of the prereqs out of the way in HS you can go in fall, finish the remaining and be in by spring. I said nothing about being in accepted while in HS. God, I really am done with this, all I am doing at this point is repeating myself and explaining the same thing every time.
[/quote]
You haven't explained anything. I agree with K-Luv that you are making this up as you go along. Virtually all AAS in Nursing programs are at Community colleges. Very few are at four year colleges.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 10-30-2008 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: enclose quotes

Old 10-30-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well one, I am not talking about community colleges! Two, Post-Secondary here refers to the classes taken in HS, with rolling admission if you get most of the prereqs out of the way in HS you can go in fall, finish the remaining and be in by spring. I said nothing about being in accepted while in HS. God, I really am done with this, all I am doing at this point is repeating myself and explaining the same thing every time.
You haven't explained anything. I agree with K-Luv that you are making this up as you go along. Virtually all AAS in Nursing programs are at Community colleges. Very few are at four year colleges.[/quote]

Didn't I say I was done with that conversation? I am tired of explaining the same thing to you. I was called a liar and forced to post a link to my schools living arrangements. Whats next am I going to have to post a link to my personal credentials? Enough.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:47 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Default Some proof you are lying

Kereczr, can you read some of this for us?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...info-cali.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/green...need-info.html

These are threads started by you where you state you are about to graduate, or have just graduated and are looking to move. Strange, all of them say you live in Ohio, not Miami....

just give it up man. No one is buying it any more.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Kereczr, can you read some of this for us?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...info-cali.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/green...need-info.html

These are threads started by you where you state you are about to graduate, or have just graduated and are looking to move. Strange, all of them say you live in Ohio, not Miami....

just give it up man. No one is buying it any more.
Miami university is in oxford ohio

Old 10-30-2008, 02:55 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times
Quote:
Miami university IS in ohio
my bad...you got me there

Still, what you say doesn't line up with the policies of Miami University, as I stated before. You still have no right to complain about the policies of a college you agreed to attend. There are dozens of colleges in the Dayton/Cincinnati area! This is why you research your school before you sign up!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
my bad...you got me there

Still, what you say doesn't line up with the policies of Miami University, as I stated before. You still have no right to complain about the policies of a college you agreed to attend. There are dozens of colleges in the Dayton/Cincinnati area! This is why you research your school before you sign up!
I have no right to be irked about paying out the arse for something at a school that in no way pertains to my education? Gotcha, btw many schools have freshman living requirements. Even if I gave up going to an awesome local college for another, chances are I would still have to deal with it. I asked if anyone thought this was asinine, not for my money back. And in the course of the discussion I was called a liar by a couple of you and was basically forced to give up personal info about my myself, such as where I attended college. None, of which addresses my original post. Nice.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,236,916 times
Quote:
I was called a liar and forced to post a link to my schools living arrangements. Whats next am I going to have to post a link to my personal credentials? Enough.
I do not understand why you were so adamant about not revealing the school at which you attended. Maybe it is just me, but I do not see how that could be such a personal tid-bit. You went to the school, you post a link. No big deal. The way that you avoided the question seemed suspect to me.

Look, you mentioned that it costs $1,600 a month to live in one of the apartment style dorms on your campus. I read some stuff that claims UCB has the highest priced dorms in the country. That conflicted with what you were saying. I was just looking for some clarification, not your SS number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities