Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 08:33 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on this. (First, let me tell you that I am in the state of Florida). I just completed my graduate program for mental health counseling. My plan is to begin working toward my license- I hope to do this right away. However, I'm having trouble finding qualified supervisors that I can work with. The ideal situation would be to get a job that will provide free supervision but I can't seem to get in the door with that. I have had several job offers come and go because they will only hire licensed or licensed eligible therapists. Well in order to be licensed eligible, I would need register with the state (and in order to register, I need a supervisor listed on my registration application). Are there any supervisors out there that are willing to just list themselves on the application (even though the student is planning on getting free supervision somewhere else)? For example, I would be willing to pay someone to help me register but I would find a place that will do it at no charge and just work there.

Sorry if this is confusing but I hope someone can follow my line of reasoning here. Thanks for looking into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 08:52 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
Your graduate school advisor will be able to help you find a qualified supervisor. I sincerely doubt that anyone would put their name on an application without actually supervising you. If that came out, both your job and theirs would be in jeopardy.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
Your graduate school advisor will be able to help you find a qualified supervisor. I sincerely doubt that anyone would put their name on an application without actually supervising you. If that came out, both your job and theirs would be in jeopardy.
Not necessarily. You always have the option of obtaining a new supervisor during the course of your post grad supervision. People move, supervisor's move, etc. so there is an option for that. Now in my case, I'm not saying that the person signing on will 'pretend' to do supervision for me. What I'm saying is that after registering, I would find a job with a new supervisor that would actually provide the supervision for me.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 6,375 times
I am an Approved Clinical Supervisor and I am getting ready to begin a supervision group in the Treasure Coast Area. I will be notifying all the schools in the area and marketing this month. My plan is to start the supervision groups by the end of January.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities