Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 PM
MZM MZM started this thread

9 posts, read 19,071 times

Advertisements

I'm confused between four colleges to admit, They all are equal in admission requirements and cost, the only why to deiced is by picking the best town of them, they are:

1. Shreveport, LA -- LSUS
2. Ashland, OR -- SOU
3. Cheney, WA -- EWU
4. Kearney, NE -- UNK

Facts:
1. I hate cold long winter.
2. As graduate MBA student I'll be looking for part-time jobs.
3. Most of my time will be on-campus (Full-time), fun places is not necessary.
4. I live for soccer.

What is the best city/University under these facts?
Please help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM

784 posts, read 2,730,425 times
Go to the one that's in the area where you want to work after graduation. You want to work in Oregon, go to SOU...etc, etc.

None of your schools are top MBA programs, so you can forget about going to UNK and then getting a job on Wall Street or Silicon Valley.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:18 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,244,946 times
If you don't want long, cold winters you can rule out Ashland and Kearney.

Soccer is gaining in popularity in this country, but it is not really that big of a sport despite the fact that many suburban kids play the sport. If you 'live' for soccer, you will probably be bummed out where ever you go.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:01 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,474,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
If you don't want long, cold winters you can rule out Ashland and Kearney.

Soccer is gaining in popularity in this country, but it is not really that big of a sport despite the fact that many suburban kids play the sport. If you 'live' for soccer, you will probably be bummed out where ever you go.
He can also rule out Cheney. If he wants to avoid long winters, Shreveport is the only place to go.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:12 PM

425 posts, read 1,955,812 times
Why not consider which one has the best program for your degree? Or is that part of "they all are equal in admission requirements and cost" portion?

Old 04-24-2010, 08:11 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,474,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoll View Post
Why not consider which one has the best program for your degree? Or is that part of "they all are equal in admission requirements and cost" portion?
I would assume they all have his major if he's interested in all of them.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 PM

425 posts, read 1,955,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I would assume they all have his major if he's interested in all of them.
That wasn't what I was saying. My point was - which school has a better program for their major. If the major is equally represented at each college, fine. However, I would ensure such a thing first and base my decision off of whose program is the best.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoll View Post
Well, They all are unranked colleges, I just want a quick and easy program, Don't wary I have a plan
Thanks

Old 04-27-2010, 06:49 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,208,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZM View Post
Well, They all are unranked colleges, I just want a quick and easy program, Don't wary I have a plan
Thanks
Out of curiosity, why are you willing to spend $35k on an unranked program?

Quick and easy almost never equates to the best solution.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Out of curiosity, why are you willing to spend $35k on an unranked program?

Quick and easy almost never equates to the best solution.
it's seems like you'd reviewed my other post,
since you got the whole image, what do you suggest?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities