Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:46 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkrv8 View Post
Thank You for this reply!
My wife and I are thinking about moving to Colorado and we are mostly interested in living near the Mountians and lots of outdoor activities (hiking,trail running etc) we are fairly conservative in the sense of we want to live in a "live and let live" independent area.
Thanks for your time!!
Kirk
You'd probably do best in either Colorado Springs or Ft. Collins. It will depend on what type of job you're looking for in deciding between those two. Both are outdoorsy, college towns that tend to be more conservative than Denver or its suburbs, but Colorado Springs is also a strong military town with the US Air Force Academy, Peterson AFB, Ft. Carson Army Base, NORAD, and Shriever AFB among the largest. The U.S. Olympic Training Center is in the Springs, so it's a very athletic town. It is also closer to mountain activities. If you take Hwy 24 west of the Springs, you'll find lots of hiking, camping, fishing, boating, etc. In town, there's Garden of the Gods for hiking, trail running, biking and jogging. Ft. Collins has Red Feather Lakes to its west, and also has lots of trails. I'd suggest Googling each one and then deciding which will fit your needs better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 12:09 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,669,721 times
Before there was the city of Centennial, there was a big unincorporated area with mailing addresses that included Englewood, Littleton, Greenwood Village, and Aurora. Some people banded together to start their own city so that they wouldn't be swallowed into the city of Aurora, and others joined in because they felt they'd rather be in a city than unincorporated.

I agree that you can't tell the difference. We used to live in an unincorporated area surrounded by Centennial and Greenwood Village, but it's impossible to know when you go from one to the other.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:33 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
I don't know anymore which is which. We lived just a block south of the old Cinderella City on Acoma and our ZIP was 80110--Englewood. Then we moved across town to Arapahoe Road and I-25 and our ZIP was 80112--Englewood. To get from one to the other, we went through the eastern part of Littleton bordered by County Line Road on the South, University, Broadway and Bellview. Englewood encircled it. Then, there was the Littleton west of Santa Fe, north to Bellview, west to Sheriden and south to C-470. Sheriden was the county line between Arapahoe and Jefferson, but some homes were still in Littleton, even though they were in Jeffco. So very confusing.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs