Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Local TV News Channel Do You Prefer
Channel 5 - NBC 13 17.33%
Channel 11 - CBS 16 21.33%
Channel 13 - ABC 23 30.67%
Channel 21 - FOX 10 13.33%
Other Channel(s) 4 5.33%
I Don't Watch TV News 6 8.00%
I Don't Watch TV At All 3 4.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 4,500 times

Advertisements

I like FOX21. All the other stations have so much "breaking news" that seems like it's nothing... They're less stressful to see and I love joe Cole! Their reporters don't seem as stuck up as the others, and they do more stories about community events and real people. You can say half of news is fluff but all news doesn't have to be hiding behind trees stalking the sheriffs deputies durin the fires, FOX21 actually gave us good information instead of just staying on the air all the time so they could brag about it , cough, kktv!! Channel 5 is good too, they cover things fairly and aren't over-dramatic like 11 and 13 with OMG BREAKING it rained! If it rained harder it could flood and that could kill you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 10:51 PM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I hear you, but I have a question about Channel 5... fair and balanced, right?

Balanced about what? Certainly not skin pigment, right? They look like rabbits eating marshmallows in a snowstorm... imo. Could they be any whiter? Now Vandepuddy is moving to morning? Where is that morning gal moving to? She is not blonde enough? Even the field folks are blonde gals or that white dude. Anchors, co-anchors, weather folks. Just an observation of mine.

Jennifer... she's just a tad too perky for me.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:48 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,113 times
Is this broadcast TV that you're discussing that can be picked up with an antenna?

Old 07-31-2013, 10:27 AM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
I think you should be able to get most of those with an antenna; they're just the local news networks. If you can't get those, I don't see how having an antenna would be worth it - it'd be like getting nothing at all.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:08 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
A recent Channel 5 NBC newscast indicated that Lisa Lyden will be returning to the air to make it a 3-person anchor team.

IMO there's a lot more to the story than we've been told. I know she went away for 3 weeks, had a total facelift, came back looking 20 years younger, never said a word about it, worked a year, abruptly retired with 29 years of service and is now coming back. Josseppie once told us that LL was a real piece of work, demanded two exact duplicate studios (one in Pueblo and one in COLO SPGS), etc, and I'd suspect that her female replacement on the evening news will soon be "promoted" to somewhere else.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:05 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
They said she had left for "family issues" - something to take of at home. I do think she's a good anchor, though.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:21 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
They said she had left for "family issues" - something to take of at home. I do think she's a good anchor, though.
Yes, she's good at being an anchor, maybe she'll tell us what was going on at home, no shame in having a sick family member to care for.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:33 AM

18,018 posts, read 27,463,514 times
So with Vandepuddy in the morning slot, I wonder what bacame of Marissa Torres.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
A recent Channel 5 NBC newscast indicated that Lisa Lyden will be returning to the air to make it a 3-person anchor team.

IMO there's a lot more to the story than we've been told. I know she went away for 3 weeks, had a total facelift, came back looking 20 years younger, never said a word about it, worked a year, abruptly retired with 29 years of service and is now coming back. Josseppie once told us that LL was a real piece of work, demanded two exact duplicate studios (one in Pueblo and one in COLO SPGS), etc, and I'd suspect that her female replacement on the evening news will soon be "promoted" to somewhere else.
My understand is she did not want to drive to Pueblo anymore, too good for Pueblo, so she was broadcasting from the Springs but that was a issue for KOAA at the time because they were not set up for that. That is why they had the split screens a lot of times and the newscast just looked unorganized. Since then they got a new building up there and remodeled it and now they have two studios one in Pueblo and one in Colorado Springs. I am not sure if they are moving the "master control" from Pueblo to the Springs or not. Now she can broadcast from the Springs and I think you will see more of the newscasts come from there.

Honest from a PR side it makes no sense. I have friends that work at the other stations and they tell me that while Pueblo cares where the news is broadcast from, when you ask most Puebloans what station they watch its always KOAA because "its the Pueblo station" people in the Springs don't care as long as the newscast is good. So this was not done for that but for Lisa because she did not want to drive to Pueblo. Honestly that has stopped me from watching KOAA because how can I get my news on my town from someone who, in my opinion, does not like my town and thinks she is too good for it. Plus back in the early 80's Pueblo made the station and Lisa. I was 10 in 1983 and I remember my parents watching the newscast saying that they know people make fun of it and yes it looks like it is produced in the garage but its in Pueblo and they do their best so we support it. Now it just feels like because she is popular she is turning her back on the city that made her. Sorry if that was kind of a ramble but I guess it kind of hurts from what KOAA and Lisa has done.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:47 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times
New 13 has the BEST live doppler weather radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs