Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 01:51 PM

24 posts, read 137,514 times

Advertisements

Mike, appreciate your comment about the I-25 and the ability to avoid it if east of it. That is exactly the kind of information I was after. And looking at the map I see what you are talking about. The other info I filed in what is left of my brain these days, particularly the roof and windows issues. And thanks, Visual (I used to work for an aircraft engineering firm!) for your opinion too. I am definitely thinking I would prefer the east side too, however, it is the other side that has the house that suits our family more in terms of size etc.. We continue to think about it and keep an eye on this thread. All your wisdom is really helping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,202 times
Default Water issues?

Charles,
We are planning on moving in or around Colorado Springs (next summer). What is this about water being brought in? We lived in Boulder 2 years, so we know a bit about Colorado, but I have never heard about this. Would you explain?
Thank you

Old 10-02-2007, 03:14 PM

643 posts, read 2,053,304 times
Default Monument

We're thinking about moving to Monument in a year or two. My husband and I are young and don't plan on having kids. Schools and all that mess aren't important to us -- but community is.

How's the city? How many movie theaters are there? How about museums or zoos?

We're in Raleigh, NC now and they're CONSTANTLY having festivals, events, fairs and 'parties' downtown -- do they do this in Monument?

Does Monument have a flea market or a farmer's market -- are they big; have lots of vendors?

What kind of things do young couples (not teenagers) do on weekends? Are there art galleries? Do they have an 'artsy' area of town?

Thanks for the help!

Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Why are you thinking of moving to Monument?

Monument seems to be retired people and families with kids.
I think they are building two movie-plex type things.
Not much of museum town, no zoo, pretty much a bedroom community.
In downtown Monument there seems to be occasional fairs, festivals, family, community type things. Plus there is a very popular 4th of July parade.
Couples are working around their homes, hiking, shopping, lots of cyclists, walking their dogs, traveling to the Springs, Castle Rock, or Denver (all three are pretty close).

Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,920,312 times
We live in Monument and like Charles, wonder why you would want to move to Monument. It's a beautiful area with great schools, but not the things you're looking for. There is a bowling alley for entertainment and 1 bar that I know of. With the description of things you desire, you should look into Manitou Springs or Old Colorado City. Those 2 scenic places are close together and have lots of weekend fairs, car shows, crafts shows, and farmers markets. There is live theater in Manitou and some great restaurants. There is tons of outdoor activities close also. Downtown Colorado Springs is close by for the nearest thing to nightlife without driving to Denver. The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is not far either. I love Monument but my kids(ages 20+) think it's pretty dead.
The 4th of July parade is the biggest event here.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:40 PM

14 posts, read 63,782 times
Default Re Manitou Springs

What is traffic/commute like from Manitou into COS Powers area.

I like a lot of what I hear about Manitou Springs, but would be kind of concerned about the drive.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:28 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballou3 View Post
What is traffic/commute like from Manitou into COS Powers area. I like a lot of what I hear about Manitou Springs, but would be kind of concerned about the drive.
Shouldn't be that bad, my *guess* is 30 minutes max. Route looks like Hwy 24 down from Manitou, getting on I-25 southbound at exit 141, going south two miles, taking Fountain Blvd EAST (Hwy 24) at exit 139, then a couple of miles across the south end of town on a multi-lane urban arterial, which dumps you into Powers right at the entrance to the airport.

Maybe someone who drives that will chime in. Based on what I was used to back in the DC area, a commute of Manitou to Powers Blvd is nothing to worry about.

s/Mike
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs