Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 06:32 PM

924 posts, read 1,020,894 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!

I am moving to CO springs within 2 months! I am going to be new to the city, and will have no friends =(
I just received a great job offer, so that is why i am moving.

To add on, ATV is my passion; so I was wondering if anyone here ATVs? maybe if it is ok, we can all go atving together? I currently have a can am, but I am going to sell it, and buy me a polaris instead, since they do not have much mud in colorado in comparison to Florida (swamp mud)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 06:55 PM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times
I have a friend that is really into that. There's a Colorado Facebook group - maybe ask there for people who are in your planned area.... https://www.facebook.com/groups/44141963887/ or check forMeet Up groups or a club websites for ATV on the Front Range or in the Colorado Springs area....

Last edited by otowi; 04-29-2015 at 07:30 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 09:42 PM

Thank you! I went ahead and added that group! Its hard meeting friends now and days =(

Anyhow, is there mud and.or water holes in CO? or its pretty much all hard packed climbing type terrain?

Old 04-30-2015, 06:31 AM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times
I'd say mostly dry, but the ATV folks will be able to better let you know. Colorado is mostly a semi-arid borderline desert landscape - not a lot of mud and water holes around generally speaking.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:04 AM

67 posts, read 108,656 times
Since moving here from Minnesota less than two years ago....another state full of mud.....we have enjoyed riding our ATV's in the mountains and I'm about to add a dirt bike (or two?) to our arsenal of toys! LOTS of trails to explore here. I have yet to find any mud, and truth be told....I don't miss it. The scenery makes up for it in my opinion. Another plus of Colorado is free camping in many places with trails running through them. Look me up when you get here and we will invite you to go with us. We have one rule.....no drinking alcohol UNTIL the riding is done. A beer with lunch can be an exception...but the point is to ride sober.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:06 PM

great info guys! thank you so much!!

Old 04-30-2015, 05:58 PM

17 posts, read 25,261 times
Wife and I are moving to CS in October and ATV's have always been a major hobby of mine. I'm also used to mud being from Arkansas so lifted quads were always my thing. I'm looking to pick up a RZR eventually after arriving there so I'll keep this thread in mind

Old 05-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPSFan View Post
Wife and I are moving to CS in October and ATV's have always been a major hobby of mine. I'm also used to mud being from Arkansas so lifted quads were always my thing. I'm looking to pick up a RZR eventually after arriving there so I'll keep this thread in mind

Great buddy! Same here! Would you like get together and ride around? Im trying to meet as much people as I can. I even joined the colorado FB group. If you want, message me your email so we can exchange info and keep in touch when we get our atvs

Old 05-01-2015, 11:49 AM

60 posts, read 85,334 times
My wife and I have been entertaining the idea of moving to Colorado for the availability of atv trails recently. We are in NE Kansas currently and always have to travel to ride and it would be nice to have that many trails within a hour or so drive. We will be checking out Taylor Park in July

Old 05-24-2015, 12:23 PM

bringing this thread alive; now its getting closer to moving date and I definitely would like to get an ATV right away (maybe 2 weeks in) I already sold my mudding can am, so I can definitely buy one right away.

However, I know colorado is high in elevation (6000 ft maybe?) So, I was wondering which bike would best fit for colorado terrain and elevation? Would you say a 400cc engine is good enough, or should I actually go with 500 + cc

Ive heard people saying a 400 gets very weak when the elevation gets too much and can be a bit dangerous, or would you say I would be just fine for trail riding in colorado?

Personally, I was thinking of getting a 500 for me, and a 300 for my fiance. Opinions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: