Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:17 AM

924 posts, read 1,021,974 times

Advertisements

is this the norm here? One thing I do not like about COS is the tailgaters. The other day I was going 45mph on a 35mph zone and I see this older guy just complaining and throwing his hands at me. First of all, why would someone start something with someone they dont even know, yet alone, see inside the car.

Anyways, when driving on i25 (on the right lane) I go about 65 mph and people still tail gate, yet dont bother to just go around? Is it just that common here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 10:47 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,168,553 times
I doubt you will find a town anywhere where people do not complain of tailgating. People do it everywhere.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:49 AM

Its pretty bad in COS, though. Why do people even do it in the first place

Old 08-14-2015, 11:47 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,393,070 times
I notice a lot of younger girls sipping a Gulp with a straw...oblivious
of what they are doing do it...weird.
Sometimes a younger guy speeding along can....young like in their 20s.

They just have not had the car in front of them quickly change lanes to
then be faced with an enormous traffic hazard! (Stalled car in the lane, deer looking at you, 4X4 post, now 5 feet in front of you!....)

Oh well, God protects idiots and fools..so I hear!

Old 08-14-2015, 12:48 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,887,634 times
I admit to occasionally tailgating, but I'll qualify it:

When I'm behind a driver in the passing (left) lane on I-25 and they are playing road cop by going 15 MPH under the speed limit for miles on end, I get a little frustrated. Dozens of cars behind them and they'll just stay even with the car in the right lane. And usually on their cell phone to boot! Arghh!

The older I get the more lenient I've become, but it still irritates me. Especially now that we have the signs posted instructing drivers to stay right unless to pass or face being ticketed. Still doesn't seem to phase most.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
I admit to occasionally tailgating, but I'll qualify it:

When I'm behind a driver in the passing (left) lane on I-25 and they are playing road cop by going 15 MPH under the speed limit for miles on end, I get a little frustrated. Dozens of cars behind them and they'll just stay even with the car in the right lane. And usually on their cell phone to boot! Arghh!

The older I get the more lenient I've become, but it still irritates me. Especially now that we have the signs posted instructing drivers to stay right unless to pass or face being ticketed. Still doesn't seem to phase most.

that, I understand! I do the same if someone on the left side is doing 55 mph when the speed is 75

If I am on the left side, I go about 80 MPH; which I rarely do. I usually go about 65 - 75 on the right side and I still get tail gated. But even on regular city streets, I still do about 10 over limit and I still get tail gated. Just do not get why people do it. I mean hell, if I was guaranteed to never get a ticket, ill be going 30 over the limit! ha ha

Old 08-14-2015, 01:57 PM

402 posts, read 369,523 times
I believe that leaving the drawbar and ball connected to my tow hitch has reduced the incidence of tailgaters. Maybe they're not so macho anymore when there's a good chance of perforating their radiator.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:29 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,942,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
is this the norm here? One thing I do not like about COS is the tailgaters. The other day I was going 45mph on a 35mph zone and I see this older guy just complaining and throwing his hands at me. First of all, why would someone start something with someone they dont even know, yet alone, see inside the car.

Anyways, when driving on i25 (on the right lane) I go about 65 mph and people still tail gate, yet dont bother to just go around? Is it just that common here?
Just don't drive 10 miles under the speed limit and you won't have to worry about it.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:12 PM

812 posts, read 1,470,905 times
Since we're griping here, I've gotten several folks in a lane next to me recently, stopped at a red light, where their lane is required to, for example, bear left or turn hard left, but they want to bear right from their left lane and start waving their arms in exasperation and act like I'm cutting them off, when I'm just doing exactly what my lane is supposed to do. It seems to happen once a week at a particular intersection, and people always seem to act all mad, like YOU'RE the idiot, when they have zero idea they're making a huge and dangerous mistake. Sigh. Life on earth with other people.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:37 AM

665 posts, read 1,295,793 times
I tell you what bugs me. A white solid line means you stay in your lane.

Especially on the on ramp. The point where two of them that meet up... THAT is actually when you merge into the other lane. Not when there are still two solid white lines and especially when there is several feet between those two solid white lines.

Sometimes you just wonder if road rage is just street justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: