Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 01:10 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,633,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
And push for 4 lanes in each direction or we will be in the same "jams" in only a few years (like T-Rex in Denver).
I absolutely agree. I've driven on I-25 between Castle Rock and Monument several times when I live in Colorado. You guys need to push for 4 lanes both directions on I-25, otherwise it will be like the prior T-Rex construction. Only benefited for a few years then the traffic became bad again.

Make it 4 lanes from Castle Rock to Monument.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2017, 01:23 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
From the Denver Post article:

“We’re going to do our part and get ready for construction in two years. Now we need others to help us come up with the $300 to $400 million we need to build it.”

Translation - the new lanes will be tolled.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/06...orado-springs/

Old 01-07-2017, 01:43 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,633,360 times
On a second note, I would also recommend widening Hwy 83 from The Pinery to Northgate Pkwy. There needs to be a 2nd alternative route besides I-25.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:54 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
And push for 4 lanes in each direction or we will be in the same "jams" in only a few years (like T-Rex in Denver).
Or it will only push the inevitable back five years or so. Make it too easy, without means to manage demand, and even six lanes in each direction will back within a couple of decades.

Would three general lanes and one managed lane be enough I wonder?

Old 04-20-2017, 04:57 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,320,007 times
Default Update April 2017

"The widening could cost anywhere from $290 million to nearly $600 million, depending on what improvements are needed, said Amy Ford, director of communications for the Colorado Department of Transportation.

The project got a boost in January, when it was allotted an additional $15 million that was originally earmarked for the C-470 Express Lane.

The extra money has allowed CDOT to begin work on two federally-required environmental analyses - a Planning and Environmental Linkage study and a second study, required by the National Environmental Policy Act, that was initially slated to begin in 2018 after the first analysis was finished. The change will mean construction crews could break ground as early as 2019 and finish in 2021, significantly pushing forward the potential completion date of the project, which was originally predicted to take a decade.

Still, officials are unsure where construction funding will come from, although they hope to decide sometime this year."

I-25 coalition looking to fill gap in funding for highway expansion | Colorado Springs Gazette, News

Old 04-20-2017, 11:22 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Gawd, I hated that stretch of road - matter of fact, I hated the whole drive to Denver from the south end of the Springs to the exit for the old Boulder Turnpike. We will never get decent roads until Tabor is repealed and I think that needs to start with the voters - NOT the state legislature. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:12 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,389,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
We will never get decent roads until Tabor is repealed and I think that needs to start with the voters - NOT the state legislature. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Totally agree and I'm a bit dumbfounded why a movement to repeal it hasn't been started up from our neighbors in the northern metro areas now that Tabor's author has been convicted and shown as the hypocrite he is.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:08 PM

1,013 posts, read 977,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCHP View Post
Totally agree and I'm a bit dumbfounded why a movement to repeal it hasn't been started up from our neighbors in the northern metro areas now that Tabor's author has been convicted and shown as the hypocrite he is.
They're too busy getting high?

Old 05-22-2017, 05:13 AM

7,184 posts, read 9,320,007 times
I drove up from Colorado Springs to Castle Rock yesterday, a Sunday.

On the way back, on that 18 mile bottleneck, the traffic stopped; then proceeded at about 20 mph. I thought there must be a wreck. Nope, Just a logjam.

I've also read that our "esteemed legislators" have given up trying to fund a fix.

The righties won't approve any additional taxation and the lefties won't approve any cuts from programs to reallocate existing funds. Swell!

Just imagine how congested that stretch will become in 10 years.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:18 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
I drove up from Colorado Springs to Castle Rock yesterday, a Sunday.

On the way back, on that 18 mile bottleneck, the traffic stopped; then proceeded at about 20 mph. I thought there must be a wreck. Nope, Just a logjam.

I've also read that our "esteemed legislators" have given up trying to fund a fix.

The righties won't approve any additional taxation and the lefties won't approve any cuts from programs to reallocate existing funds. Swell!

Just imagine how congested that stretch will become in 10 years.
We need a hyperloop from Pueblo to Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs