Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2007, 04:05 AM

24 posts, read 137,528 times

Advertisements

We are a military family, living abroad right now, but hoping to make the move to Colorado Springs early summer. My husband is retiring out there and we are hoping to start our new life in what sounds like a beautiful area. We have three children. Two were identified as gifted in both florida and washington states. The youngest is only 6 and they do not identify that early over here, so there is maybe potential for him to be identified also. The other child is almost 12 and the other 17. The 17 year old I am not too worried about as he is almost done. They are all being educated in the UK school system right now.
We have taken advantage of the many, wonderful, highly informative posts for the last month or so. This site is like a wise old grandma!! I can't thank everyone enough for the time and effort that goes into providing this information.
We are interested in moving to District 38 or District 20 school systems. What each one has to offer will very much determine where we live. It is an important decision for us as they have been to so many schools and I would like to make this their last one. Does anyone out there have a gifted child in either of those two districts. Are they happy with the services provided. Is there much of a difference in what is provided in each of the districts. I do have an email sent off to both districts asking more specific questions but it would be so helpful if I could get actual experience from anyone. Thanks to you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 06:17 PM

6 posts, read 29,175 times
All of my children went to District 20 and one was tested as gifted and attended the IB program. They also have honors programs that are above the average. I also retired from the Military and these programs, along with the area are the prime reason for my staying. I don't have personal experience with District 38. However, District 38 did rate number 4 in the state in CSAP scores.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 AM

24 posts, read 137,528 times
Thanks for the information, it is very helpful to me. My 17 year old is doing the IB here so it is good to know it is in Colorado too. Seems to have gotten popular in the last several years. It looks like your main reasons for staying are ours for coming. If anyone has any other experiences with gifted children in any of the other school districts in COS then I would love to hear those too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
View detailed profiles of: