Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,120 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, we will be moving to Colorado Spring from Kuwait. My husband would like me to go to college in Colorado Spring my question is how it is someone like me who's new there going to college is it hard? Are they friendly? What should I should I do....I'm just little bit scared but exciting too with the new environment. I'm from Philippines my husband is American we've meet in Kuwait we've been togethere for 12 yrs. We are working of one of the US contractors supporting the US military here in the middle east.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 01:21 PM

454 posts, read 1,224,726 times
Hey marwave I am also a Contractor overseas too but I am in Iraq. The best bet for college is to go to Pikes Peak Community College for a 2 year degree. Then if it all works out you can tranfer to a 4 year college. There is a big Philippino community here along with other types of people so you shouldn't have any issues adjusting at all. The Springs is a really friendly and helpful area to live with a semi laid back life style. So my advice is to rent a place when you get here and find out what works for you. And of course have fun and explore because there is alot of stuff to do in Colorado.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:57 PM

14 posts, read 51,809 times
As stated above, with the large military community there is a large Philipino community here as well. People are very friendly here in my opinion. Having been in Kuwait, I'll bet you will feel more at home here than during your 12 years in Kuwait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs