Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:37 AM

454 posts, read 1,225,173 times

Advertisements

I thought this would be a good topic since I know I have had a really bad time with a few dealers in town. [mod cut]

Now I have dealt with 3 places that actually seemed to treat me right. One was Landmark Motors who gave me a good deal on a car and looked at it if there was ever a issue even though it wasn't under warranty. Bennett Brothers on Circle also gave me the warm and fuzzys. The latest one was Front Range Honda. They seemed to be pretty honest about everything they did know about. And they treated me and my wife with respect. Oh and they took the ride I got from Penkus in on a trade so that was all good in it self.

I did forget to add I haven't bought a car from Red Nolan Saab but they do take care of my Saab really good. Just alittle high on prices.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-11-2008 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: no consumer complaints please, see note below, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 10:41 AM

Also I didn't know if this topic should go in these forums but I didn't want any Newbie's to make some of the mistakes I have.

And I didn't know if I stated this before or not but some of you might realize I can't type really good!

Old 10-11-2008, 11:09 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,126,349 times
How funny you mention this while I am sitting at Woodmen Nissan while my car is getting serviced. I own a Nissan Aramada and this is my first Nissan vehicle. I have visited every major car floor here in COS (well as of November last year I hit everyone...) and I must say that my experience with Woodman Nissan is pleasant...as pleasant as it could be when buying a car. They allowed me to walk away when I said thank you and good bye. Some are pretty good at allowing that but others won't let you walk out the door without buying a car (well at least they try that). Value car has been the worst experience I have ever had.
Car salesman are so pushy to begin with, its almost impossible to just browse...unless you go on a Sunday.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:31 AM

157 posts, read 655,507 times
I used to work for Liberty Toyota and so I may be a little biased in my opinion. I thought that the service department there was pretty good to their customers. There was one service manager there that I thought probably should have been fired but the rest were pretty upstanding employees (even if a bit obnoxious at times). The salesmen on the other hand....there is only one guy that worked there (he still is there) that I would trust to sell me a car. Mind you, I worked on the administrative end of things so I didn't do any of the sales on the lot or in service/parts. Some of the salesmen were as nice as could be there and weren't even pushy...but the GM is a slimeball and more or less pushes them to make crooked deals (in my opinion). They have good cars and a great service dept but only one guy I'd actually buy a car from there.

[mod cut]
Faricy Boys on the other hand has treated us well. We didn't buy from them but they have gone out of their way to make us happy. We did our 30,000 mile service w/ them and they found several things on our jeep that were purely cosmetic/aesthetic but were still covered under warranty, so they informed us of it and took care of it. They didn't HAVE to, because we probably wouldn't have ever noticed it otherwise, but I was very impressed that they took the time to be to thorough. Plus, if you're military, they offer a 10% military discount (something Lithia doesn't offer and scoffed at us when we asked).

Last edited by katzenfreund; 10-11-2008 at 02:33 PM.. Reason: no consumer complaints please, you can send a DM to the OP instead.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:21 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
Odd that you had a problem with Penkus. My dad knows the guy pretty well and have never had a problem with them but perhaps he knows people...most of the dealers in town are pretty good, you just have to find the right sales rep.

As for title issues, you may want to drop a note to the attorney general. I think they have to follow a certain time-line provided the state itself is in line...which could have been the problem. The state is experiencing a cash crunch like the rest of us so they may be behind on getting title information updated.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:38 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
When posting please remember that this is not the place for "consumer complaints" because the "other side" can't give their version. You can send DM's to other members, but do not post complaints on the forum please.
thank you for your co-operation!

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-11-2008, 02:56 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
There is a guy named Dave who ran dealerships here in Pueblo and moved to Colorado Springs recently. He had commercials here too. He's a really good guy. Sorry I don't know what dealership he works for in the Springs.

I feel for people who work in the auto industry lately. Buy a GM if you can. If that company goes under, we'll all feel the effects, IMO.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:02 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
I work for GM. I'm scared to death right now

Old 10-12-2008, 03:57 AM

Sorry about that I wasn't doing just as a complaint post more of a information post. I did go to BBB about Penkus but they refused the mediation process. Also the same with Phil Long. So I was trying to inform people of my pluses and minuses of the car dealers in town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
When posting please remember that this is not the place for "consumer complaints" because the "other side" can't give their version. You can send DM's to other members, but do not post complaints on the forum please.
thank you for your co-operation!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:29 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsgirl View Post
I used to work for Liberty Toyota and so I may be a little biased in my opinion. I thought that the service department there was pretty good to their customers. There was one service manager there that I thought probably should have been fired but the rest were pretty upstanding employees (even if a bit obnoxious at times). The salesmen on the other hand....there is only one guy that worked there (he still is there) that I would trust to sell me a car. Mind you, I worked on the administrative end of things so I didn't do any of the sales on the lot or in service/parts. Some of the salesmen were as nice as could be there and weren't even pushy...but the GM is a slimeball and more or less pushes them to make crooked deals (in my opinion). They have good cars and a great service dept but only one guy I'd actually buy a car from there.
I agree. Liberty Toyota's service department has been really good and I've been very satisfied with them. I also agree with the sales department statement. There is only one guy I will work with there. His name is Bill Nelson. I've bought two cars (I love Toyotas-had them for years) from him and he has always been straight, upfront, and even allowed me to check out the things he said for myself. No pressure to buy the car or even add-on packages. When the finance guy tried to pull some fast ones and I caught it, all I had to do was go grab Bill and he told the finance guy to put in the contract what he told me the cost would be. I'm not sure how he stays employed there being upfront with customers, but I'm glad he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs