Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 12:51 AM

454 posts, read 1,225,509 times

Advertisements

I want to make a list of good parks in the Springs for new people or old people like me who might not know about new ones in town. And it would be good to put a description of whether or not it is a dog park, kid park etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 01:08 AM

Red Rock Canyon- great hiking, free ride mtn. biking course, beautiful sights
Bear Creek park- soccer fields, nature center, dog park
Monument Valley park- 2 duck ponds, party chalets, good running/hiking trails, baseball fields, jungle gym
Bott Park-jungle gym, not crowded, beautiful condition
Confluence Park( America the Beautiful)-bad location, nice equipment, great farmers market w/band in the summer, not the best place for dis except for farmers market time IMO
Acacia-bum central, stinks, lot of drunks and outcast hang out here, NOT kid friendly unless you like bums watching too.
Memorial Park-has great events, praking is joke at those events, nice indoor pool, Southside of park is drug haven

Old 11-02-2008, 01:26 AM

58 posts, read 166,863 times
Red Rock Canyon is amazing. It's the more pristine, less touristy version of Garden of the Gods.

ATB Park has potential... or maybe I should say had potential. The first thing they need to do is try coming up with another name. Aside from conjuring up images of government propaganda, it's sort of long and akward to say and write. How about "Bates Park" or "Makepeace Park." Goodness knows she was the last mayor to accomplish anything.

Memorial Park I want to like, but I just get bad vibes whenever I'm there.

I like Monument Valley Park and I think Acacia Park has its role, though I agree it's not a great place to take kids. Dorchester Park can be pretty scary.

North Cheyenne Canyon Park has spectacular scenery, tons of hiking options, picnic tables, and a nice creek. It also has 7 falls and Gold Camp Road, which scares the heck out of newcomers.

I sometimes wonder about Cheyenne Mountain State Park, but never enough to go check it out.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:26 AM

964 posts, read 2,648,719 times
Cottonwood Creek Community Park (7040 Rangewood Dr. at Dublin Blvd. & Rangewood Dr.) is located on the north end of Colorado Springs in the Norwood neighborhood. The park spans 77 acres, and includes Cottonwood Creek Recreation Center (indoor pool), picnic tables, a playground, restrooms, sledding hills, four soccer fields, three softball/baseball fields, tennis courts, an in-line hockey court, disc golf course, and walking and running paths.
The playground here is one of the best in the Springs!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:08 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,128,039 times
South end of town in Ftn:
Fountain Creek Regional: Nice large park with 3 large pavilions and 3 small ones; bathrooms on location, pond with fountain/ducks, geese usually present; large grassy area for playing a couple soccer/football games at once, large typical playground, volleyball nets, walking/jogging/biking trail around park, and close access to Sante Fe trail along creek; horseshoes, basketball court, ample parking

Metcalf Park: horse arena; skateboard park; 2 large pavilions, 2-3 small ones; several ball diamonds; one volleyball net; basketball court; bathrooms; play structure

Old 11-02-2008, 09:22 AM

Oh and forgot about Helen Hunt which has really nice hiking trails. Also I think Fountain Creek and Bear Creek work togethor for all of there programs.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:29 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Fox Run Park: nice hiking, ice skating in winter, geocaching, lots of soccer games fall, spring, grills
Black Forest Park: similar to FR Park though much smaller, newer, grills, playground

Old 11-02-2008, 11:43 AM

It's a bit of a drive, but Painted Mines Park in Calhan is actually a pretty cool place to spend an afternoon.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 AM

252 posts, read 926,363 times
There's a small beautiful lake with picnic area. Nice and quiet, beautiful view and fishing available. It's called Manitou Lake and is about have way between Woodland Park and Deckers off on the right. $5 a car load and has nice clean out-houses. About a 20-30 min drive from Manitou.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:15 PM

I don't think I've seen Palmer Park mentioned yet. I've only been there a hand full of times. Great views of the city from the east looking back west...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs