Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 12,303 times

Advertisements

We are new to COS, and I just find out that I am pregnant. None of our friends here have had babies yet. so anyone can recommend a good ob / hospital? I have been searching on the internet and was overwhelmed by the long list of ob/gyn in the area and didnt have any clue of which one to choose...

many many thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 01:36 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyly View Post
We are new to COS, and I just find out that I am pregnant. None of our friends here have had babies yet. so anyone can recommend a good ob / hospital? I have been searching on the internet and was overwhelmed by the long list of ob/gyn in the area and didnt have any clue of which one to choose...

many many thanks!!
I sent you a direct message. Not sure if we're allowed to post things like this. But the doctor I am recommending has in his office 3D ultrasound - very rare in Colorado Springs. Most people have to drive to Denver to get this ultrasound. He is near Rangewood and Dublin. He delivered our daughter in October. I think he has three or four daughters himself. Very good guy.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:54 PM

3 posts, read 12,303 times
got your msg. thank you very much for your help!!

Old 01-05-2008, 10:27 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,127,017 times
I also went to that office for an ultrasound and FYI- I did not use that doctor; my doc wrote me a refferal so I could go. My doctor is Dr. Larry Norfleet- LOVE HIM! Not sure if you are good with male or prefer female, but no regrets after having 2 of my children with him. I felt like a pampered queen (Penrose!!).

Old 01-09-2008, 08:34 PM

4 posts, read 14,266 times
What about female OB? I had a c-section in September and would like to go to a female doctor sensitive to that.... or just sensitive in general! Any suggestions?

Old 01-10-2008, 04:40 PM

227 posts, read 1,044,500 times
I have had good luck with Dr. Deborah Lasley at Womens Associates. They do have a website Women's Associates, P.C. Home Page . She did my c-section last February. She actually came in on her day off to do it because I wanted my son born on a certain date. She's very approachable and actually, all the docs in the practice are women. I think they just hired a man, but there's 4 women docs in the practice, and they only go to Memorial Hospital.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-10-2008 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: adding the link

Old 01-10-2008, 07:54 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
One other thing, I saved $5 by not getting the epidural.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:48 PM

4 posts, read 20,816 times
Quote:

many many thanks!!
The Blue Skies Center for Women has served my wife nicely; first, diagnosing and care through an ovarian tumor and subsequent removal; then the excellent pre-natal care of our son (we had a home birth with a midwife).

I have two friends who are currently in pre-natal care there, and will have nurse/midwives from the center caring for them through the birthing process.

I highly recommend you check them out.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:36 PM

421 posts, read 1,337,534 times
Quote:

many many thanks!!
Dr. David Stark...Excellent, very good, kind man.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:26 PM

55 posts, read 379,336 times
Dr. Norfleet also delivered both my kids. I definitely recommend him! He is also a radiologist, so he's great at reading those ultrasounds. I had complications and I'm very glad I had someone who's really experienced and knowledgable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggin4colorado View Post
I also went to that office for an ultrasound and FYI- I did not use that doctor; my doc wrote me a refferal so I could go. My doctor is Dr. Larry Norfleet- LOVE HIM! Not sure if you are good with male or prefer female, but no regrets after having 2 of my children with him. I felt like a pampered queen (Penrose!!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs