Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 06:09 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times

Advertisements

This past week I had a Spring cleaning three months early for a change. Due to the fact I've never been one to follow instructions (in this case, follow a strict diet); I've boxed up some good usable tall men's clothing. Come Monday morning the Salvation Army here in Grand Junction is getting several boxes of clothing, used but very usable hand tools, blankets, jackets, and some other things I'd like to see go to good homes.

These past few years have been pretty brutal on the poor, be it a young family of four, a senior in a rest home with no relatives, a divorced mother of three who is working 2, maybe 3 part time jobs to keep the bills paid. In my neighborhood I've noticed things have gotten even tighter.

The Salvation Army bell ringers will be wrapping it up in a few days, other Salvation Army volunteers here on the western slope have been busy boxing up donated toys for kids whose parents are just barely making it. If you can, put a little money in those red kettles. And get together some personal items that can go to good homes. Or if you donate to other organizations, please do so!

Let's help our neighbors who aren't as fortunate as we are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 08:02 PM

1,711 posts, read 3,601,342 times
I agree. My Girl Scout troop had a scarf, mitten, and hat drive at our school. We were fortunate enough to have a family donate seven HUGE bags of brand new clothes. We brought them to the Springs Rescue Mission where they were extremely grateful to receive the items.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:17 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,059,576 times
I helped the Vail Salvation Army put together food baskets today and was struck by how little was actually in them. Later when delivering them each family was so grateful to have anything to make a holiday meal that they may not have had otherwise.

Our Salvation Army is just behind City Market. I've decided that on each of my shopping trips I'll pick up a couple extras and drop them off at the SA. For a few dollars I can help someone feed their family, there is so much need.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
DH's company collected 1000 lbs of food for the Community Food Share of Boulder and Broomfield Counties. Their goal was 600#. Sometimes people just have to be asked to contribute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado