Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:09 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times

Advertisements

kembick, what part of the state are you looking for? How close to Denver? How far into the mountains? Do you really want to go to a cabin in the wintertime with people coming from out of state? You know that March and April are the snowiest months in Colorado?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 01:34 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,136,306 times
You might take a look at Snow Mountain Ranch - YMCA of the Rockies near Winter Park.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:16 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,690,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
You might take a look at Snow Mountain Ranch - YMCA of the Rockies near Winter Park.
Great suggestion! When we were looking at sites for our wedding, we checked out the Y there. It was beautiful, but ultimately didn't meet our needs.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 PM

7 posts, read 11,459 times
We were thinking evergreen, conifier, estes park. Not too far up in the mts. We know we don't want it in Denver. I would love a June or July wedding, its just the cost is so much more, sometimes double the cost of doing it in winter. And who ever knows with our weather. Last year we got all that snow on May 1!!

Old 08-12-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Winding River Resort has an event hall with outdoor cooking facilities and cabins. Not noted as a wedding venue but you can hire a preacher easily enough and they'd probably allow a caterer if they can't do the BBQ for you. If WRR doesn't have enough cabins for your group there is a nearby motel in Grand Lake that we've stayed in and found to be excellent. There are a number of other resorts up there with cabins too.
Thank you Mike, I looked at it, so pretty!!! I have an email out to them to find out a little more about pricing. We would have to do a summer wedding here, since there isn't much for inside ammenties for a group. Thank you!!

Old 08-12-2013, 03:42 PM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
There's a ranch on 285 just east of the top of Crow Hill that does weddings. It's called Deer Creek Valley Ranch. We've never been there, but it looks nice.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:45 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,125,290 times
My wife and I went to a nice wedding at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park last September. All the guests stayed in cabins and it was quite nice and very reasonably priced. A four-person cabin cost about $140/night.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
There's a ranch on 285 just east of the top of Crow Hill that does weddings. It's called Deer Creek Valley Ranch. We've never been there, but it looks nice.
We looked there, its very pretty inside and out and VERY expensive, I think $10,000 for the venue and that's in the off season.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
My wife and I went to a nice wedding at the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park last September. All the guests stayed in cabins and it was quite nice and very reasonably priced. A four-person cabin cost about $140/night.
I looked at both the YMCA of the rockies and the one in Winter Park last night. I think we may have a winner with one of these!! Both super affordable, where we could actually afford to have the wedding in June and not have to do winter just to make it affordable!! Now to plan time to go and check them both out

Old 08-13-2013, 10:37 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,690,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kembick View Post
I looked at both the YMCA of the rockies and the one in Winter Park last night. I think we may have a winner with one of these!! Both super affordable, where we could actually afford to have the wedding in June and not have to do winter just to make it affordable!! Now to plan time to go and check them both out
I'd get on that fast! Wedding venues often book a year in advance. Hopefully they'll still have some dates available for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado