Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:51 PM

1,618 posts, read 6,600,463 times

Advertisements

I did a survey on this site Best Places to Live: Compare the Best Cities & Small Towns for You!

It basically asks you questions on what you look for as your lifestyle and hobbies and fit you into your state:

Out of 4-pages, the first three was Loveland, CO, Fort Collins, CO and then Denver, CO.

LoL!!

Do the survey and post back where it says you should be living at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 08:37 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,506,724 times
Those surveys often are structured to tell you what you want to hear.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Those surveys often are structured to tell you what you want to hear.
You're probably right. It did say I would like Arkansas... ummm yea...

Old 11-23-2007, 06:27 PM

638 posts, read 2,276,709 times
It gave me Albuquerque, Portland, Hartford, Honolulu, Providence, New Haven. What a weird quiz! Not a single CO city listed. Maybe because I dont ski?

Old 11-23-2007, 07:46 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,325,490 times
I got all the way to the end, then found it wanted a lot of personal information. I don't need any more junk e-mails, etc.

Old 11-24-2007, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
I got all the way to the end, then found it wanted a lot of personal information. I don't need any more junk e-mails, etc.

Put in a BS e-mail (fake) it will run your stats.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:05 AM

205 posts, read 987,568 times
My top five are:
Grand Junction, CO (where the heck is this??)
Fort Atkinson, WI
Dillon, Montana
Kankakee, IL
Bloomington, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike78613 View Post
I did a survey on this site Best Places to Live: Compare the Best Cities & Small Towns for You!

It basically asks you questions on what you look for as your lifestyle and hobbies and fit you into your state:

Out of 4-pages, the first three was Loveland, CO, Fort Collins, CO and then Denver, CO.

LoL!!

Do the survey and post back where it says you should be living at?

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-24-2007 at 09:23 AM..

Old 11-24-2007, 10:10 AM

43 posts, read 361,315 times
this is what it gave me...pretty right on though...

Hancock-Houghton, Michigan
Dillon, Montana
Helena, Montana
Sheridan, Wyoming
Durango, Colorado
Moscow, Idaho
Bozeman, Montana
Jackson, Wyoming
Sandpoint, Idaho
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (don't know why)
Spearfish, South Dakota
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Sun Valley, Idaho
Ketchum, Idaho
Whitefish, Montana
Petoskey, Michigan
Springville, Utah
Traverse City, Michigan
Blaine County, Idaho
Hailey, Idaho
Livingston, Montana

so that gives me a wide choice...but most of the states has been were I have been looking....

Old 11-24-2007, 01:33 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,506,724 times
Another way of looking at it is for about 20 out of 24 hours a day there is very little difference in your life no matter what city you live in. The big thing is where can you get a job. You sleep, you get ready for work, you drive to work, you work, you drive home, you turn on your PC so you can post on City-Data, you have dinner, you brush your teeth, you go back to bed. Even in California you are only outside maybe an hour a day on average - on the weekends. During the week it is maybe 15 minutes per day. You are almost always inside or in your car. (The big exception are those guys who work outside - then it really does make a difference where you live. It is also different if you are retired or you are a mom with kids who can or can't take their kids to the outdoor park everyday.)

The average Californian is doing the same thing the average Minnesotan is doing on the weekends in winter and summer: Paying bills, waiting at the oil change place, doing laundry, taking his kids to basketball practice, driving somewhere, washing his dog, watching football, going online. The big difference is the Californian is paying twice as much for a home so he can have a nice weather hour each weekend day. Sure, somebody will argue that they jog on the beach everyday - like one guy in 5,000 does that.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 18,975 times
Even in California you are only outside maybe an hour a day on average - on the weekends. During the week it is maybe 15 minutes per day.

It does matter though. If the 15mins a day and weekends you WANT to spend outside, it's raining, then that sucks. I hate being stuck indoors all fall and most of winter because of the rain. (I live in Ohio). Thats why so many people have seasonal depression where I live. And why a lot of people are fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado