Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:22 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
We found all that you're looking for in the Willow Park subdivision in Broomfield. It's very safe, very family-friendly, with lots of kids - the kind of neighborhood where the kids can play games or rollerskate or ride a bike in the streets and be safe because there's so little traffic. The neighbors are super-friendly, good people. Most of the neighbors seem to be in their 30's and have kids.

We just moved here and bought a 3300 sq. ft (including finished basement) 5 bedroom/3.5 bath (plus 3 car garage) house. On the main level it has a two story foyer, a formal living room with a bay window, a formal dining room with a bay window, a huge great room (kitchen/dining area/family room) with vaulted ceilings (and a perfect layout), a half bath, and a very nice sized laundry room. Upstairs is a big master suite with vaulted ceilings, a bay window and a huge ensuite bathroom plus three bedrooms and a second bath with double sinks and bath/shower combo. The basement has a large rec room with a wet bar/kitchenette, a bonus room (which I'm using for a music studio), and a guest room with an ensuite full bath. The lot is over 9000 sq. ft. Our home cost $331,000. The yard is much bigger than we need, it would be the perfect size for a family with kids. We also have a 45 ft. deck along the back of the house in addition to that big yard. I originally come from Florida where most houses have pools. This yard, even with the huge 45 foot deck, is still big enough for a pool (though obviously we wouldn't want or need a pool in Colorado since it's a 4 season place).

In a higher price range I imagine you can find/get even more, not that you'd need it necessarily. If I had a billion dolllars I'd still pick my house:

This is a perfect example of why Denver/Front Range/Colorado Springs/etc is so desirable. A beautiful home is a nice neighborhood within a decent commute distance from a variety of jobs (including Plan Bs and Plan Cs) with amenities, infrastructure, and entertainment and mostly nice weather.

I wish this was posted on the LA forums so they could see what someone could get for an average guy's salary and that wouldn't be subject to as much housing market correction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado