Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 09:16 AM

4 posts, read 3,047 times

Advertisements

For many reasons I will discuss, I am moving to Colorado because I feel like I would love living there. I am a 20 year old male who has lived many places but mostly in coastal Georgia. Im very physically active and outdoorsy. I'm into bodybuilding (not competitively) so going somewhere with a nice gym is very important.

Being in a place with a good cannabis community is also important because not only do I use medical cannabis but I'm very passionate about it and love sharing that passion with like minded people but I'm not just some lazy stoner trying to cram in already overcrowded areas so I can sit on the couch and toke all day. my other interests are sports, basketball and football being my favorites, hiking, water sports, and video games. I've played drums since I was a kid in bands of all genres but I really love going to hardcore shows so a good music scene would be a nice plus too. Id love to get back into playing.

I currently work as a pool technician but I'll do anything that'll pay my bills when I get out there. I'm also starting a sunglasses brand and hope to own multiple businesses and/or properties one day but that's a wholenother story haha.

So yea somewhere I can go to the gym, smoke good weed & concentrates, and enjoy the outdoors with good friends, but also run a business.

So far west of Denver or CO Springs sound like they fit my bill so If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them because I only know like 3 people in the state so some more local knowledge would really help.

I tried to keep this brief enough while still providing enough info about myself. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 10:59 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,457,538 times
Pueblo is known as the marijuana valley so if that is what you are looking for you might like it here.

Marijuana transforms Pueblo from Steel City to Napa Valley of weed

Pueblo County is the first in Colorado to allow outdoor and greenhouse grows

The link: http://www.denverpost.com/2017/05/03...-of-marijuana/

Old 06-20-2017, 11:57 AM

6,823 posts, read 10,516,715 times
I agree you should look at Pueblo. Lots of access to outdoor stuff in town and via highway 50 etc. in either direction. Pool technician - probably need to do something else here - weather is not that conducive to a lot of pools here compared to where you're coming from.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:39 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,553,512 times
The music and social scenes in Pueblo are going to bore you to death.

Denver is where you want to be. How's your budget?

Old 06-20-2017, 01:46 PM

11,085 posts, read 7,146,060 times
Travel between Boulder (for your athletic urges) and Pueblo (for your cannabis explorations) wink, JK. Most of the pools will be of the work-share driving sort. Nothing here will resemble your familiar Georgia. Prepare yourself for culture shock, since basically everything will be different between the two areas. A fish out of water?

Old 06-20-2017, 02:41 PM

7,184 posts, read 9,315,042 times
What is your budget?

Do you already have a job?

Old 06-20-2017, 03:14 PM

33 posts, read 44,056 times
I really don't think Pueblo is a good fit... You will be bored. Denver might be tough, rent is really high here and pretty much any job that pays decent drug tests their employees. I don't think you will be able to find a job as a pool tech. I don't know a single person that has a pool in their back yard.

Have you considered Las Vegas? It has a great music scene, is a short drive to LA (an even better music scene), has a lot more pools than Denver, recently legalized (I think) marijuana, and has a lower COL (I think). Outdoor activities probably arn't as good as Denver IMO.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:44 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,696,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGray View Post
I really don't think Pueblo is a good fit... You will be bored. Denver might be tough, rent is really high here and pretty much any job that pays decent drug tests their employees. I don't think you will be able to find a job as a pool tech. I don't know a single person that has a pool in their back yard.

Have you considered Las Vegas? It has a great music scene, is a short drive to LA (an even better music scene), has a lot more pools than Denver, recently legalized (I think) marijuana, and has a lower COL (I think). Outdoor activities probably arn't as good as Denver IMO.
Miami, LA...lots of more likely places with year-round pool use and therefore demand for pool technicians. Pretty obvious that getting drugs is easy in those places.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:46 PM

9,868 posts, read 7,696,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGray View Post

Miami, LA...lots of more likely places with year-round pool use and therefore demand for pool technicians. Pretty obvious that getting drugs is easy in those places. That, and the warmth allows peacocking.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:49 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,082,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerbaker View Post
For many reasons I will discuss, I am moving to Colorado because I feel like I would love living there. I am a 20 year old male who has lived many places but mostly in coastal Georgia. Im very physically active and outdoorsy. I'm into bodybuilding (not competitively) so going somewhere with a nice gym is very important.

Being in a place with a good cannabis community is also important because not only do I use medical cannabis but I'm very passionate about it and love sharing that passion with like minded people but I'm not just some lazy stoner trying to cram in already overcrowded areas so I can sit on the couch and toke all day. my other interests are sports, basketball and football being my favorites, hiking, water sports, and video games. I've played drums since I was a kid in bands of all genres but I really love going to hardcore shows so a good music scene would be a nice plus too. Id love to get back into playing.

I currently work as a pool technician but I'll do anything that'll pay my bills when I get out there. I'm also starting a sunglasses brand and hope to own multiple businesses and/or properties one day but that's a wholenother story haha.

So yea somewhere I can go to the gym, smoke good weed & concentrates, and enjoy the outdoors with good friends, but also run a business.

So far west of Denver or CO Springs sound like they fit my bill so If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them because I only know like 3 people in the state so some more local knowledge would really help.

I tried to keep this brief enough while still providing enough info about myself. Thanks in advance.
You certainly sound like the CO type. Anywhere along the front range where you can find a way to be able to afford to live will be a good fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado