Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 05:53 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,299,752 times

Advertisements

Don't forget your auto insurance rates are tied to your credit score. Paying a $40 toll charge may be cheaper than taking a hit on your credit score and having your insurance go up at the next renewal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2020, 02:36 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
How much is this charge? Is it worth getting infuriated about? Just pay it and be done.
Wrong.

Toll charges get disputed and solved for many different reasons. My last false charge came from some vehicle with the same number as a vehicle of mine, but different state. It caused, or almost caused drama because my vehicle that got tagged was in the shop with my mechanic for some time. Luckily, I didn't freak out and falsely accuse him.

I would stick with finding the problem. They couldn't have used the same license plates as yours right?

You didn't leave an E-470 device under your rear view mirror on the front windshield, right?

There's got to be a simple solution to this and paying someone else's bill is not it.

I bought a car on eBay from a guy in the PNW. I flew to the airport and met him there, gave him the money plus an extra $100.00 tip, shook his hand and drove my car back to Colorado. It was the cheapest way for me to do it I figured. I took it upon myself to figure out the license plates before I showed up. I can't even remember how it went, but I even called ahead to him to help figure this all out. I did not nor would not burden him with having to risk his plates to get me home. It's called having a conscience and some accountability.

I'm gonna go get some popcorn, er cucumber slices and humus and enjoy the responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Contact one of the local TV station troubleshooters.
A Tony Martino investigation, nice snark not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMillerIdidNotDriveInCO View Post

#1 We were being nice by letting the couple who were visiting in Arizona to use our Plate to get back to Nebraska. I did call them - of course I had to leave a voice mail - and they never returned the call.
You blew it.

You owe the money, full stop.

I would be calling E-470 and plead your case that you goofed up by not requiring them to provide for a transitional plate to get them back to NE, maybe to recoup some of the delinquent fine money. You being "nice" should have included a lecture that if they run over a deer, four legged or otherwise was on them, not you. You did not set the rules up front and chose to take on their burden. Bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
How much is this charge? Is it worth getting infuriated about? Just pay it and be done.
In the long and the short of it, you were right. Not because it is the right thing, but because they are paying the price for being "nice". Sometimes being nice is done out of convenience, I get it. But when it requires trust in others, understand the decision might come with consequences, like in this case.

Wonder if the OP ever was contacted by these nice folks, and if not, why not... something like, We made it home safe, thank you again for all your hospitality!

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-19-2020 at 03:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
View detailed profiles of: