Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 06:57 AM

9 posts, read 43,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDuke08 View Post
Actually I do know of a handful ptin2010, although they are all in their 20s and sorta came out here for the adventure (ski, rockclimb, etc) and for college. Colorado is very transient so we do get a fair share of people all over the world, but for the most part our transplants come from California (about 18%), Texas (about 8%) and the midwest (no stats but mainly from the great lakes region make up a good percentage of transplants though that is more of a region than a state). As for the South I do meet a few but mainly from Florida, Georgia and North Carolina, probably party because of the population and urban trends in those states. I'm think you'll like CO but the most important thing is really to see it for yourself. The Rockies are grander than the Smokeys but it is also a lot colder and drier here. We do have a good share of suburbia sprawl as Nashville does, the Denver metro area is probably the same size. It's very environmental friendly here, the social scene is a lot different. All in all both are great places, Western Montana, foothill of Colorado and Eastern Tennessee are my top 3 for my lifestyle.

Exactly! I currently live in Manchester, Tennessee but I'm getting my stuff geared up to leave a week from Monday to head to Alamosa, Colorado to attend college at Adams State. And I'm 29. Also, because my major is in Human Performance and Sports Administration I find all forms of recreation very beneficial so you are definitely spot-on about the Mountain Climbing, Ice Climbing, Hiking, and all things snow-related being a huge draw for me. In fact, it was Adams State's Adventure Program that sold me to the school!

I've spoken to quite a few people who I work with who have visited Colorado and they find it to be quite similar to Tennessee except a little colder and bigger mountains. I've been told it's genuine country settings in most parts with your cowboys and cattle ranging.

I can't wait! Thankfully, all my financial aid is nearly finalized except for my Stafford Loan and Work Study and then I'll be all set for the entire '08-'09 academic year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado