Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2008, 07:12 PM

3 posts, read 9,665 times

Advertisements

HI I am relocating to Canon City , I hope by the 1st of June
I am 28 and have a great deal of skill and knowledge in a wide variety of workforce.
I am an Idaho native counrty girl that has traveled all over the world. So my perspective is wide and my mind open. Can anyone give me insight on job leads?? * THANKS A MILLION*

Below are services I can provide:

Licensed Massage Therapist
Chiropractic Assist.
Horse Trainer
Art Teacher
Administrative Assist.
Multi-fascited Business Owner
Silver Smith
Landscaper
Master Gardener
Professional Chief / Catering
Bartender
Tile Layer
Dairy Hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 08:03 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
Canon City is pretty much a typical Colorado tourist/retirement town with the usual limited assortment of mostly not-very-good-paying jobs. The big exception in Canon City, of course, is the Department of Corrections and the Federal Prison down the road at Florence. They provide A LOT of jobs. The wife of one of my good friends spent 20-odd years working at DOC. Contrary to popular belief, there are a lot more jobs with them than just guards (teachers, therapists, carpenters, ag people, etc., etc.). You ought to check with them. Whatever else they may be, DOC jobs tend to be pretty stable, with the usual benefits packages commensurate with government employment.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 AM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,746 times
Hi,

I live in Canon City and, love love love it here! I recently moved back after living on the beach in Florida.....soooo glad to be back home!YAY!

If you google Canon City Daily Record, (that's the local newspaper), you can go into the classified ads and find job postings. Currently there are jobs you may qualify for. There is an Art Teacher job, a cook job at a private school, etc. Check it out, you never know!!

Like Jazzlover stated before, DOC is a huge employer with many different facets of jobs. My sis-in-law is a paralegal (of course she's at the main office in COS). My husband was a Major at Territorial.....I could go on and on but, the pay is good and so are the bennies.

Hope it helps. You're gonna love Canon!!

Old 05-08-2008, 11:55 AM

3 posts, read 9,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
Hi,

I live in Canon City and, love love love it here! I recently moved back after living on the beach in Florida.....soooo glad to be back home!YAY!

If you google Canon City Daily Record, (that's the local newspaper), you can go into the classified ads and find job postings. Currently there are jobs you may qualify for. There is an Art Teacher job, a cook job at a private school, etc. Check it out, you never know!!

Like Jazzlover stated before, DOC is a huge employer with many different facets of jobs. My sis-in-law is a paralegal (of course she's at the main office in COS). My husband was a Major at Territorial.....I could go on and on but, the pay is good and so are the bennies.

Hope it helps. You're gonna love Canon!!

THANX sooo much! The paper has been a great help...Hows the market for massage therapy in rehabilitation factor...Do you runners...sports ect?

Old 05-08-2008, 02:29 PM

I would try St. Thomas More Hospital. Google their website and you can find employment opportunities. It's a start!!

Old 05-17-2008, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 5,608 times
Canon City also is close to Colorado Springs and Pueblo if you don't find suitable employment here but I think with the diverse background you have you won't have any problem finding suitable work! We moved to this area almost 3 years ago from SE Colorado and it's taken awhile to get our business on an even keel here, but it's finally happening. Definitely check out the Canon Daily Record Newspaper...pretty informative little paper. Good Luck!

Old 05-18-2008, 12:02 PM

msjustms,

You are probably a neighbor of mine!
PM me and I'll tell you where I am!!

Old 01-16-2009, 08:12 AM

Opening this back up... There is a job posted in The Daily Record for a Horse Trainer Apprentice, full time ..must know how to ride. 719-214-3355. Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado