Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 AM

9 posts, read 43,529 times

Advertisements

So some of you guys know I left Tennessee back in August to go to school at Adams State in Alamosa. Things were pretty tough but mainly due to the fact that the bosses at my former employer were jerks. Now that quit, I much better again.

Something that we never saw back east that I found so fascinating about the valley was the passenger train that runs through the area particularly through La Veta Pass. They've even got that train trimmed out in Christmas lights. I thought that was pretty darn cool. A moving train in Christmas lights at night. Pretty festive! Gets you in the mood for Christmas. I was thinking about the Polar Express.

Things are going okay. Doing pretty strong in all my classes this Fall and am anxiously awaiting the Spring. Going to enjoy Thanksgiving here and probably Christmas too. (It's too expensive to fly or drive back to the Nashville area).

I've really enjoyed experiencing the outdoors and am really honing in on my biking skills. Just yesterday I rode my mountain bike across Hwy 60 from Alamosa to Del Norte and back. I think I'm going to start my own little adventures on bicycle going on challenging myself with further distances. So if you're ever down here in the San Luis Valley and you see a young guy riding down the highway in the middle of nowhere, it's probably me. I think I'll try a ride to South Fork here in the near future (when it's not snowing) and I have an extended break.

Really loving the state and the people. Lots of diversity and openness. Could use more jobs though, but I hear there's plans from Governor Ritter's office to help with that.

You guys have a great Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,083,746 times
Glad you're doing good!!! Happy Thanksgiving AND Merry Christmas too!
Keep on Tuckin' er...bikin'!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado