Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2007, 12:33 PM

91 posts, read 422,574 times

Advertisements

How high are the taxs in Colorado?

If you have a salary of $100K+ would you choose California or Colorado or Mesa AZ ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2007, 01:01 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,976,875 times
The overall tax burden here is usually ranked just a little below average. We do have a state income tax at 4.63% on your federal income minus deductions, as well as a statewide component on the sales tax, and a few excise taxes on gasoline, tobacco and alcohol. Property taxes vary according to the county and city of residence as there is no statewide component to property tax.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:09 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
How high are the taxs in Colorado?

If you have a salary of $100K+ would you choose California or Colorado or Mesa AZ ????
Colorado... I live in the Phx area, money wont go far especially in cost of gas which here right now is 2.80 and housing. In a good area you can spend 400-500 thousand on under 2200 sq.ft. not to mention car insurance can run 280.0 a month here. Water is expensive as well. Taxes can be high here as well. We are on our way to Co and cant wait.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:27 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,976,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanaddict View Post
Colorado and California are both big states, so it's hard to make general comparisons. Mesa, AZ is a suburb of Phoenix -- I get the impression it's the Phoenix area's version of our Aurora -- an overgrown suburb known mostly for its relatively affordable housing and occasionally spotty neighborhoods. (I did some contract work out in Tempe, AZ for a short time).

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that when you say "Colorado" you are thinking mostly of the Denver area. (There is a whole state beyond the Denver area, however). I think if you enjoy our 4-season climate you'll like Colorado due to our scenic beauty, recreational opportunities, reasonable cost of living (comparable to Phoenix, much less than CA), revitalized downtown, pleasant park system, arts and cultural amenties, etc.

This isn't to take anything away from CA or AZ as they both have some amazing draws themselves, but for myself I'd stay here in Colorado rather than move out that direction.

If you look on this forum the top two complaints about Colorado are those who don't like snow and those who feel that our area has grown/sprawled too much too quickly. Opinions about weather are very subjective, so you just have to decide for yourself what you like. As for growing too much, that is undeniable but from what I can tell, the Phoenix area and CA have suffered from this growth pressure even more so than Denver.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:13 PM

91 posts, read 422,574 times
The towns I would have to choose from would be Aurora and Colorado Springs.. I know that I would prefer the CS area before the Aurora area.
I just am a little worried about the area itself.

I would be lieing if I said I didnt mind not having the ocean up close and personal either.. however, I really want to be able to afford the cost of living in the area we choose as we have 5 kids and really need to be able to offer them something in life.. other then an ocean. You know what I mean.?

It is really hard as my husband and I as well as our kids have a LOVE like no other for the ocean, but We may have to get used to not having it up close.. I just dont know... I sure do appreciate all of the input on this forum from others though.
Thank you so much.
If you have any idea as to the location in CS that Boeing is actually located... That would be helpful. It would allow some idea of what side of town we could live on without a long commute to work.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:17 PM

208 posts, read 979,805 times
this site is good for looking at state tax burdens

CA is not your pick

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/335.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado