Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 04:31 PM

3 posts, read 12,118 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My family and I are planning to move to the Rifle area this summer. We have three young kids and I'm interested in any insights anyone may have into the best place for a young family in that area.

From research I have done online, it looks like the schools in Rifle are worse than those in Silt and New Castle. Is that accurate? If so, do you have any idea why that would be?

I'm interested in a neighborhood with lots of kids for my kids to play with. I'm thinking Castle Valley Ranch in New Castle looks like it might be a good fit. Does anyone have any experience with that neighborhood and what it's like to live there?

Are the parks/youth programs/soccer leagues/etc significantly better or worse in any of the communities?

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,169 times
All the communities are nice, I live in Rifle and the Schools are not bad here, though some believe NC has better schools. Rifle has more to offer with regards to activities and all 3 have very nice neighborhoods. NC is close to Glenwood so that is a plus. [mod cut]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 04-23-2009 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: Realtor advertising not permitted in the forums.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:47 PM

4 posts, read 15,185 times
Hello, I live in Castle Valley Ranch (New Castle) and have also lived in Rifle. I believe I can also comment a bit on Silt. Rifle is a nice town, biggest of the three, and has undergone significant changes in the last few years due to the Gas industry. It has a lot of trucks on the roads at all times, dust, other ills associated with the industry. This may change back a bit if the gas industry does as they promise they MUST do and scales back some... heres hoping. Silt is an odd town. Think a little bit of Northern Exposure... IMO people here think differently from the other two towns. Do a Google search for Silt Colorado (including news) and I think you will see what I mean. Silt is also overrun by gas trucks and guys. If that doesnt bother you, and eccentricity is something you enjoy... give it a shot. New Castle does not have the Gas industry issues that the other two have due to the Grand Hogback. A geologic structure that runs for hundreds of miles and basically pushed the nat gas to the South and West... so gas reserves are not viable on the north/east side of the Hogback. What this means is no gas wells, fewer trucks etc. NC also has made a big push for parks (has several) and the people living here have been very supportive of taxes and initiatives that improve the quality of the town (parks, new water treatment plant, bus service upvalley, etc). Again, Google the towns and news associated with them... Im biased as I live in NC. But I also love it here. GREAT town for kids and families... but I suggest visiting all three towns... in their own ways they each have charm. But if I were to rank where I would want to live it would be this order New Castle Rifle Silt Keep us posted on your decision.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:20 PM

3 posts, read 12,118 times
Thank you so much for sharing your experiences! Playhard, maybe we'll be neighbors in a few months...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado