Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 07:38 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,124,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
This
Wendy's commercial is shot near the D&F tower on the 16th St Mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
I was watching Atlas Shrugged and a large part of the movie is about Colorado however there was no actual footage of Colorado until this shot. When I saw it I was like wow that is Pueblo so of course I had to take a picture and post it on here.

They did some editing on the background because this hill they show is known as the "big hill" and KOAA is located there but its on the other side of the depot. On this side you can see buildings and I think the interstate.

Old 03-04-2012, 05:39 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,549 times
Finally watched the Coen's update to "True Grit" and couldn't help feeling sad they *didn't* shoot this in Colorado. Even given the old west Arkansas setting, I think we could have played the part just fine.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM

29 posts, read 50,738 times
Part of Die Hard 2 was filmed in Colorado. If I remember correctly, the house the bad guys were using as their base was near Johnstown.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-13 View Post
Part of Die Hard 2 was filmed in Colorado. If I remember correctly, the house the bad guys were using as their base was near Johnstown.
I seem to recall something about them not getting enough (any?) snow during filming and it caused a lot of problems.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-13 View Post
There were many scenes filmed here: Die Hard 2 (1990) - Filming locations
A friend of mine worked for the film commission and she was a location scout for the movie. She found the church in Weld County for them.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,208 times
Catch and Release (Kevin Smith movie with Jennifer Garner) is set in Boulder, although I think it was filmed in Vancouver. The characters drink New Belgium beers and one of them works at Celestial Seasonings to place it in Colorado.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:43 AM

9 posts, read 16,830 times
ABC's Last Man Standing featuring Tim Allen is based out of Denver.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,094 times
Someone else may have mentioned this already, but the miniseries "Centennial" was filmed in Colorado in the late 1970's. Bent's Fort and the Pawnee Grasslands were featured, and the old west town of "Centennial" was erected right outside of Orchard, Colorado. The miniseries was adapted from the book of the same name, which was written by James Michner. The library on the campus of the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley is named after him.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:53 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
Okay, I took this topic idea from the General US forum, but what the heck, nothing is original anyways...

How many popular movies and/or TV shows can you think of which prominently feature the state of colorado as a main setting...

Here's mine:
1) Dumb and Dumber (their final destination was to Vail, although I understand that most of the CO pars were shot in Breck)
2) Centennial - The whole series (and the book) was about the early settlers of CO, specifically in Centennial)
3) Mork and Mindy - They lived in Boulder, although it was all on a set and the only actual location shots were in the opening credits.
4) Stephen King's 'The Shining' - Stanford Hotel, Estes Park (all work and no play...)
5) Stephen King's 'The Stand' - (a book, but also a min-series) After the superflu wiped out 99.9% of the world population, all of the 'good guys' converge on Boulder, CO and the bad guys go to Las Vegas)
6) The Illusionist - (I know, I said popular, sio this one may not count) was set in Colorado Springs, where the main character tried to hanress Tesla;s technology to improve his act, basically. Really dumb.
7) War Games - NORAD (although there is only like one establishing shot to show it, the rest was a set seomwhere)
8) South Park - regrettably
9) Jeremiah Johnson (actually it was mostly shot in Utah, but he was supposed to be all over the Rockies)
10) Butch and Sundance - Basically the same as #9, except add Bolivia

what else?
Wasn't the Stargate base located in Cheyenne Mountain?
GL2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado