Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2014, 07:20 PM

800 posts, read 1,463,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break Down View Post
You guys have taken all the good cheer out of the rivalry.
And you guys have made it too easy for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 07:56 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,846,600 times
Quote:
nah you just bitter about that 63-17 game. lol

i'd just like to cancel to the in state rivalry game. texas am cancelled it with texas. SC should try to hook up with UNC cuz that is who they want to be seen as similar to. Divorce isn't a bad thing.
You're just mad because Clemson hasn't beat USC in awhile.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:03 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,846,600 times
Quote:
no I can deal with the losing it is the obnoxious SC fans that I don't like. Clemson good years and wins 3 of those 5 years.

That what was so great about what Texas AM thrashing SC at SC. Humble pie for arrogant Spurrier and his delusional fans.

But I guess Cocky is a good mascot for people like this. lol
And Clemson couldn't match a home game winning streak. But Clemson might finally have a chance at winning this year.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:46 PM

243 posts, read 283,049 times
Quote:
Clemson never had major recruiting violations. I looked into that. Defintely nothing like Cam Newtown. lol our team hardly scored that year.
Fail. Clemson was found to have committed recruiting violations that occurred in the late 70's and early 80's...those violations resulted in a bowl ban, scholarship reductions, and a TV ban...it took all of about 2 seconds to find information referencing these violations...you apparently didn't do a very good job of looking into it.

and Auburn was actually found to have committed no violations in regards to Cam Newton. According to the NCAA investigation it was his father who solicited money from Mississippi State and Cam was unaware of the fact. The NCAA apparently never found any evidence that Auburn did anything wrong, I don't buy it but that is the way it is.

Quote:
SC fans problem is they've adopted SPurrier's big mouth approach as their guide. Outside of dumb forums like TIgernet and Pickens County people who root for the local university, most Clemson fans never ran their mouth about SC when we won most of the time. You guys have taken all the good cheer out of the rivalry. It wouldn't be the same with Va Tech or other schools.
This is a joke right? Clemson's fan base is full of loudmouths (many of whom have no actual connection to the school).

Quote:
i'd just like to cancel to the in state rivalry game.
well that is one thing we can agree on. I would love nothing more than to never have to deal with with the taters again.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:57 PM

14,251 posts, read 14,745,966 times
The Cleveland Browns have signed Connor Shaw to their practice squad. This is a weekly contract for at least $6,300.00 per week for the season. Practice squad players can be let go at anytime. It is a sign that they see some hope for him to make the regular roster. Wish him the best.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:32 PM

2,133 posts, read 2,274,629 times
My math may be lacking, but is that around a quarter of a million a year to be on a practice squad? I wonder how it goes, they only get paid that the weeks that they practice or is that pretty much every week of the year?

Old 09-01-2014, 10:14 PM

243 posts, read 283,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
My math may be lacking, but is that around a quarter of a million a year to be on a practice squad? I wonder how it goes, they only get paid that the weeks that they practice or is that pretty much every week of the year?

$107,100 ($6,300X17 weeks, the $6,300 is the minimum PS players get, there is no set salary for them however), if he stays on the practice squad all season. From what I understand he is still free to be put on the 53-man roster of any team (except the team the Browns play next)

Kelcy Quarles was also added to the Patriots 53-man roster.

Jimmy Legree (AZ), Ronald Patrick (Dallas), Travian Robertson (ATL), Chaz Sutton (Washington) were all added to practice squads

and Ryan Succop was picked up by the Titans after the Chiefs released him (and his $2,000,000 salary)

Old 09-02-2014, 02:16 AM

2,133 posts, read 2,274,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock303 View Post
$107,100 ($6,300X17 weeks, the $6,300 is the minimum PS players get, there is no set salary for them however), if he stays on the practice squad all season. From what I understand he is still free to be put on the 53-man roster of any team (except the team the Browns play next)

Kelcy Quarles was also added to the Patriots 53-man roster.

Jimmy Legree (AZ), Ronald Patrick (Dallas), Travian Robertson (ATL), Chaz Sutton (Washington) were all added to practice squads

and Ryan Succop was picked up by the Titans after the Chiefs released him (and his $2,000,000 salary)
Wow! Pretty impressive. Spurrier always said he had the best job in the NFL when he played being a backup QB. But being on the practice squad might even be better!

Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
i'm not a Browns fan and wasn't much of a SC fan when we lived there, but finding a way to keep Shaw was the right thing to do. The kid is too smart and too good not to be on someone's team especially considering some of the qb's actually starting this week lol.
Lets face it, if Manziel becomes the starter i doubt he'll go thru the season unharmed the way he plays, opening the door for Shaw to at minimum make the 53 man roster.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:12 PM

12,924 posts, read 18,765,744 times
USC snags 1.9 million to build a new tech company incubator to replace the one at Laurel and Sumter streets. Maybe the building at Laurel and Sumter will become apartments.

COLUMBIA, SC: USC Technology Incubator snags nearly $2 million for new center | Business | The State
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area