Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times

Advertisements

All I see are red X's. Fix it Waccamatt.

I don't know anything, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if it's Costco locating here. Could be BPS or Cabela's also but Costco seems more likely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 07:13 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
All I see are red X's. Fix it Waccamatt.

I don't know anything, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if it's Costco locating here. Could be BPS or Cabela's also but Costco seems more likely.
I didn't have time, I had to go to the gym. I shrunk the sizes, but no luck. I'll upload them to a different image host.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 AM

163 posts, read 664,561 times
A building frame is up near the Lowe's at the intersection of Clemson and Longreen Parkway. I'm assuming it's the Aldi grocery store. There's been a "Coming Soon" sign at that location for a long time. Also, across the street next to the Rite Aid, they are grading the land. Anyone know what is going there?

Old 02-15-2012, 01:17 PM

229 posts, read 395,565 times
Killian's Crossing - Live / Work / Play

have you guys seen this?

Old 02-15-2012, 02:49 PM

435 posts, read 1,530,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceisvince View Post
That's the development's old website that hasn't really been updated other than to note that the parcels south of Killian Road have been sold (i.e., the ones sold to the McDaniels auto dealerships). There has not been any real revision to the conceptual site plans, etc. It still feels like a dreamy concept that was frozen in time from the mid-2000's building boom.

The first big real news we're all waiting for is a formal announcement of who the first retailer(s) is/are. As construction is proceeding apace, hopefully it is a just a matter of time. Seems like the current "consensus" rumor is that it will be a Costco, but we'll see for sure.

Until the recent announcement of concrete plans (pun intended) of building moving forward, the website had a very "vaporware" feel to it, and largely still does.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:09 PM

163 posts, read 664,561 times
Someone told me today that they heard a Tanger Outlet Mall and Cheesecake Factory were going up on Killian. I have read speculation on here about the Cheesecake Factory, but this is the first I've seen or heard about Tanger.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoGuy View Post
Someone told me today that they heard a Tanger Outlet Mall and Cheesecake Factory were going up on Killian. I have read speculation on here about the Cheesecake Factory, but this is the first I've seen or heard about Tanger.
I haven't heard of either one of those, but if a Tanger Outlet goes there it better have some good stores.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:44 PM

12,918 posts, read 18,761,054 times
As huge as the site is, apparently a lot of things are going there in addition to housing. In all my years in Columbia I've never seen such a tremendous expanse of prime commercial land being developed at one time.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
As huge as the site is, apparently a lot of things are going there in addition to housing. In all my years in Columbia I've never seen such a tremendous expanse of prime commercial land being developed at one time.
Do you think it's bigger than the Sandhills site?

Old 02-28-2012, 05:57 AM

12,918 posts, read 18,761,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Do you think it's bigger than the Sandhills site?
It appears bigger to me. VAH is more square. KC is deep and rectangular and goes forever along Killian Road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area