Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 02:32 PM

8,242 posts, read 13,364,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_man View Post
And a Rush's, and a Chick-fil-A.

I do wonder how long it's going to be before either Blythewood or Columbia just up and annexes that area. Somehow I think I'd prefer Blythewood.

I think Blythewood.. should as well.. I have nothing against Columbia.. but if there is already a municipality nearby it should take in the new growth/development.. Why? Well on a localized level the 'town' of Blythewood should be better equipped to plan and guide development of the area surrounding their town as opposed to the City of Columbia..which should focus more on working in older neighborhoods "intown" or older suburbs. I do support annexation in areas like the NE by the City of Columbia where there are existing residents and services are place since its already urbanized.. But in "new growth" areas beyond the NE.. I thing Blythewood should step up and manage/regulate/plan for those areas hopefully with sound planning principles something that the County has ignored over the years....

A few years back I read that Columbia and Sumter are less than 10 miles apart.. That is from the edge of Shaw AFB to the edge of Ft. Jackson as the crow flies..Both military installations are in these respective City Limits....So at some point you gotta ask how big is too big......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,085 times
On my most recent visit to the QC, I stopped by and had dinner with my wife at the Cheesecake Factory(CF). Our waiter (whom worked for the CF for 15 yrs) informed us that there will be a CF in columbia and that he applied for a transfer here. He said that he didn't know the location specifically but that it's off of I-77.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:04 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,032,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krush8021 View Post
On my most recent visit to the QC, I stopped by and had dinner with my wife at the Cheesecake Factory(CF). Our waiter (whom worked for the CF for 15 yrs) informed us that there will be a CF in columbia and that he applied for a transfer here. He said that he didn't know the location specifically but that it's off of I-77.
I've heard this rumor for several years now. Love it or hate it, CF is a marquis tenant that helps drive development and lures other big name retailers. CF coming anywhere in Columbia would be a nice 'get' for the city, but I'd rather see them come to Columbia Common.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:33 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
CF would be a major win in and for Columbia, especially being able to nab it before Greenville, Charleston, and Myrtle Beach. All 4 cities should have one by now imo. People would drive quite a ways to Columbia to eat there.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:49 AM

377 posts, read 709,864 times
Cheeseake Factory would certainly class up the joint. It also speaks volumes for the general class of retail that's expected to locate there.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:28 AM

1,802 posts, read 2,032,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_man View Post
Cheeseake Factory would certainly class up the joint. It also speaks volumes for the general class of retail that's expected to locate there.
If true, it certainly does indicate higher-end retail is in the offing for Killian's Crossing.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:41 PM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
If true, it certainly does indicate higher-end retail is in the offing for Killian's Crossing.
I do not find Cheesecake Factory to be that great of a restaurant. However, they do have really good cheesecake. And, of course, it would be great to have one in Columbia. Killian Crossing would have to get CF and other places like that for me to drive there, simply because I would have to drive pass the Village at Sandhills to get there. Thus, Killian Crossing would have to offer different types of stores and restaurants (e.g., Maggiano's, Crate and Barrel, The Fresh Market) to be a strong enough motivator for me not to just stop at the Village of Sandhills.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:55 PM

258 posts, read 468,331 times
Quote:
A waiter already applied for a transfer to an unannounced Cheesecake Factory that isn't close to breaking ground?

Old 02-12-2015, 07:24 AM

135 posts, read 167,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midland803 View Post
A waiter already applied for a transfer to an unannounced Cheesecake Factory that isn't close to breaking ground?
They would be there for quite a few weeks before opening in order to train the new staff and whatnot. Not as uncommon as you might think. The waiter is probably trying to use this as a stepping stone to managment.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:14 AM

50 posts, read 105,929 times
Quote:
Want to ramp up the speculation?

This job posting for the Cheesecake Factory was posted on LinkedIn 3 days ago...in Columbia, SC.

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/...jserp_seo_page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area