Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 07:47 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times

Advertisements

Would anyone care to recommend Columbia area clubs/bars/restaurants, etc. that have an over 35 (years of age), up market (classy), mixed race (black and white), early evening (begining abuut 7pm), hetrosexual customer base.

I know one primarily black and one primarily white such places but looking for a more mixed crowd.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2016, 09:27 AM

746 posts, read 748,711 times
Most of the Restaurants at Village at Sandhill fit this (JP 4 Corners, Blue Fin, etc.). Not sure if the people there are heterosexual or not, but next time I am there I will ask everyone... SMH!!!

Old 02-27-2016, 12:53 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,032,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Would anyone care to recommend Columbia area clubs/bars/restaurants, etc. that have an over 35 (years of age), up market (classy), mixed race (black and white), early evening (begining abuut 7pm), hetrosexual customer base.

I know one primarily black and one primarily white such places but looking for a more mixed crowd.

Thanks
What are the places you've already looked at?

Empire Supper Club in the Vista is relatively new. Based on the photos I've seen on Facebook, it seems pretty diverse with perhaps a slight African American majority.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo06 View Post
Most of the Restaurants at Village at Sandhill fit this (JP 4 Corners, Blue Fin, etc.). Not sure if the people there are heterosexual or not, but next time I am there I will ask everyone... SMH!!!
Thanks, but to far out as I live in Lexington. To far to drive drunk.........LOL

Old 02-27-2016, 04:29 PM

19 posts, read 22,087 times
No such place exists in South Carolina... the most diverse areas in Columbia are the Vista and Five Points... Vista's age group is mostly 25+, while Five Points is mostly 18+... that older, diverse crowd doesn't exist here.

Old 02-27-2016, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
What are the places you've already looked at?

Empire Supper Club in the Vista is relatively new. Based on the photos I've seen on Facebook, it seems pretty diverse with perhaps a slight African American majority.
Jonez on Gervais. My favorite place. Great music and good food. Band starts at 8. Nice upmarket, primarily black crowd.

Woody's. Nice but older, basically all white crowd.

I will try Empire. I am white but I believe older black woman hold their looks/style better than older white woman so older black woman do interest me. Being older is one thing. Looking it is another. Man oh man watch me get flamed.....LOL

Old 03-09-2016, 06:39 PM

4 posts, read 4,650 times
Okay, so every city I have ever lived in a race thing has never been an issue, hell, a thought (DC, ABQ, SD, SF). I'm about to move here (Columbia) and I'm thinking that I'm walking into a rude awakening. I am mixed (Black and White) and an all-white or all-black ANYTHING pisses me off just thinking about it. Is this seriously how this city is? Also, can anyone chime in on neighborhoods? Are they too segregated like these night-clubs I'm reading about? Are you treated like you need to leave if you're dark and walk into a "white" bar? Like, someone please give me some expectation management here.

Old 03-09-2016, 06:46 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,032,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqStel1302 View Post
Okay, so every city I have ever lived in a race thing has never been an issue, hell, a thought (DC, ABQ, SD, SF). I'm about to move here (Columbia) and I'm thinking that I'm walking into a rude awakening. I am mixed (Black and White) and an all-white or all-black ANYTHING pisses me off just thinking about it. Is this seriously how this city is? Also, can anyone chime in on neighborhoods? Are they too segregated like these night-clubs I'm reading about? Are you treated like you need to leave if you're dark and walk into a "white" bar? Like, someone please give me some expectation management here.
Although there are establishments that attract different demographics (age, race, income, music taste, et al), you really don't have to worry this issue much in Columbia. People of all stripes mix everywhere here. You won't feel like you're in San Francisco, but it isn't the Old South either.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:16 PM

678 posts, read 800,008 times
Nah it's just ya know you have historically black colleges that are mostly still black today and some white people attend them. It's the same for our clubs. There are a few that tend to attract more black people or Mexican/Latino people even, that's all. Not a big deal.

Old 03-09-2016, 07:24 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqStel1302 View Post
That's a lot of assumptions from one post on a message board. I live in an almost 50/50 mixed neighborhood in the city. As far as bars are concerned, people go where they like the music and the vibe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area