Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 09:02 PM

316 posts, read 976,363 times

Advertisements

I haven't heard of any bad areas in Lake Carolina. There are a lot of communities in there, but al of them are pretty nice. It is possible to find a home with a yard there, and that should not be difficult. As far as basements, I don't know of any in Lake Carolina, but it is possible to find them here. They are not common place, but some homes have them, or at least they have walk out basements.

There are currently 179 single family homes for sale in Lake Carolina, ranging from $126,150 to $1,500,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 02:43 AM

48 posts, read 171,274 times
Do you think it would be possible to commute to Shaw AFB from Lake Carolina? Which neighborhoods in Lake Carolina are the more reasonably priced ones? Do they fall within the Lake Carolina Elementary School zone? Thank you

Old 11-15-2008, 08:05 AM

It would be a pretty long ride, maybe an hour one way. I rarely if ever go to Sumter, so maybe someone here would have a better estimate than me.

Woodleigh Park, Berkeley, Sandy Glen, Ashland Grove, Centennial,......These all have homes on the market for less than $250,000. What size home do you need? What's your price range? We can narrow this down further if you like.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:27 AM

146 posts, read 522,021 times
Being a transplant from central Connecticut, Lake Carolina is a beautiful community. However there are some things to get used to. Depending on what time you need to leave for work, traffic leaving Lake Carolina and the surrounding areas may be a slight challenge. Myself currently living around the corner from Lake Carolina, across Ridge View High that is in the area I can that it is a nice place to relocate to.

Also, don't know if you live in a community that has a home association now, but Lake Carolina has it's own home association. Meaning, any changes that you would like to make to your home or yard need to be approved by, "the board".

In addition, Lake Carolina is close to I-77 and not far from I-20. If you were ever to travel to Charlotte, you're only an hour away...

Just like others say, you NEED to come down here and check it out first. I'm sure other forum members as well as myself would be willing to answer any other specific questions you may have...

P.S. Another community you may want to consider is Long Creek Plantation. It's an established community with a LOT of trees and a golf course. This community is not far from Lake Carolina either ...

Old 11-16-2008, 10:34 AM

10,967 posts, read 22,000,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
P.S. Another community you may want to consider is Long Creek Plantation. It's an established community with a LOT of trees and a golf course. This community is not far from Lake Carolina either ...
I would second that. I don't normally offer personal opinion, but if I were buying in that price range that Longcreek is in, there are a lot of communities I'd pick over Lake Carolina, with Longcreek Plantation being one of them.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:30 PM

850 posts, read 2,652,523 times
We lived in Harborside for 2 years and loved the area. I really miss the fishing.... There are homes in LC for all price ranges... Great community.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 PM

865 posts, read 2,433,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I would second that. I don't normally offer personal opinion, but if I were buying in that price range that Longcreek is in, there are a lot of communities I'd pick over Lake Carolina, with Longcreek Plantation being one of them.
We'll be coming in March to scout around, and LC has caught our interest. But why do you say you'd rather be in Longcreek Plantation? I did see some nice homes there, but we're looking for more kid friendly than golf friendly.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:20 PM

I don't think that Brandon was saying anything bad about Lake Carolina. LC is most likely a little more child friendly than Longcreek, because there will be more for them to do there, and there are schools in Lake Carolina. However, besides the golfing, Longcreek is a very nice community and it is just around the corner from Lake Carolina.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:44 AM

865 posts, read 2,433,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlboney View Post
I don't think that Brandon was saying anything bad about Lake Carolina. LC is most likely a little more child friendly than Longcreek, because there will be more for them to do there, and there are schools in Lake Carolina. However, besides the golfing, Longcreek is a very nice community and it is just around the corner from Lake Carolina.
Oh, I realize that he wasn't saying anything bad about LC, but I was just wondering why he'd prefer Longcreek. I can understand that if he's a golfer, but if he's not, and still prefers Longcreek, I'd be interested in knowing why (like is it a more established subdivision, bigger lots, better amenities, etc). Thanks!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 AM

57 posts, read 95,836 times
I suggest looking at the custom built homes, those slapped up in mass show their flaws! Great neighborhood!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area