Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 11:57 AM

47 posts, read 129,036 times

Advertisements

Columbus State University is an excellant University for the Arts. London Symphony? Wow! Another reason, Columbus, Ga is "The South's Best Kept Secret." That is not a slogan by the way. So many life long residents have said that to me that it has stuck in my head.

http://www.greatercolumbusga.com Explore Columbus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 5,292 times
"Columbus State University is an excellant University for the Arts."
You know, I would be so much more inclined to believe this, if you could spell "excellent" correctly.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:43 AM

783 posts, read 1,161,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Mall is 90% occupied. The store Buckle is opening this summer. Also Cinnabon just opened. Once the economy picks back up things should be fine.
I hope so... still regret that Columbus Square couldn't have been saved somehow, but it would be incredible to see Peachtree Mall follow. The Waldenbooks closed last year... anyone know if there's any chance we'll be getting a Borders Books here anytime soon, which seemed to be the reason for the closing?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
DOES ANYBODY MISS COLUMBUS SQUARE MALL? I grew up just to the north in Fayette County but had relatives in Columbus and that was the mall they always took us to. I don't know if I've ever been inside Peachtree Mall. I've always been quite fond of Columbus and never thought it got the respect it deserves from the rest of Georgia. I think the reality may be that not a lot of Georgians have ever been there. It's kinda off the beaten path, but that's what appeals to me about it. It's a remarkable business city -- Aflac, Synovus, Carmike, Check Systems, the WC Bradley Company -- all great corporate citizens many larger cities would kill to have. What's been accomplished downtown with Columbus State U is remarkable. I have a niece who attends there now and another who graduated from the Scwabb School of Music last year. She and her husband now loive in the UK where she works for the London Symphony. That's a LONG way from Columbus, GA but a good example how big things come out of that little city.
Funny, I was just thinking of, and mentioned, Columbus Square in a post above. Yeah, I'm one person who misses that mall.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,946 times
Don't thinkthe mall is doing too bad went there today and noticed a new Womens store is opening in the site where the Rave recently closed at. The mall mostly looks occupied for the most part I only noticed about 7 store fronts that are vacant in the mall and one of those was in the food court (old Taco Bell)

Old 06-06-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Mall is 90% occupied. The store Buckle is opening this summer. Also Cinnabon just opened. Once the economy picks back up things should be fine.
And Books-A-Million!

Some life left in the grand old building yet!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:03 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,094,181 times
Wow...this brings back memories. I lived in Columbus briefly before moving to Austin. I remember when my friend told me Columbus Square closed...and now Peachtree? I hope it can survive. I plan to visit Columbus again one day.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:30 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,241,558 times
I would be very surprised if Peachtree mall closed unless they built another mall. I couldn't imagine not being able to shop at places like American Eagle and Hollister.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 PM

18 posts, read 49,867 times
Quote:
In the newspaper article that the 90% figure comes from they stated that they arrived at that number by leaving out the fact that the section that used to be Montgomery Ward's (I think that's what it was) is vacant because it owned by MW's versus being leased to them and the mall has yet to purchase it back. That explains why it has been vacant for a few years. So technically, the mall is 90% full, but in reality their is nothing in about 20% of that 90 %.

The mall is considering breaking that area up, in to parcels, and opening a California Pizza kitchen and or PF Chang's along with many other stores. Once they can do that the mall will truly be at 90% capacity ! And I can say that I would be jumping for joy if the mall had either of those restaurants and I'll do back flip's if we get both. I hope that the economy does pick back up and I agree that things will be fine when it does.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:30 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domga82 View Post
In the newspaper article that the 90% figure comes from they stated that they arrived at that number by leaving out the fact that the section that used to be Montgomery Ward's (I think that's what it was) is vacant because it owned by MW's versus being leased to them and the mall has yet to purchase it back. That explains why it has been vacant for a few years. So technically, the mall is 90% full, but in reality their is nothing in about 20% of that 90 %.

The mall is considering breaking that area up, in to parcels, and opening a California Pizza kitchen and or PF Chang's along with many other stores. Once they can do that the mall will truly be at 90% capacity ! And I can say that I would be jumping for joy if the mall had either of those restaurants and I'll do back flip's if we get both. I hope that the economy does pick back up and I agree that things will be fine when it does.
They can't do that soon enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA