Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 01:49 PM

8,302 posts, read 5,699,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1999 View Post
I made mention of this late last year. I was saying the BJ’s project was dead and the gentleman that owns Wild Wing Cafe had posted a picture on his social media page stating he had bought the former Sears building and was bringing a family entertainment center here in Columbus. Dave and Busters also began designing smaller stores last year these are like ones in Huntsville, AL, Birmingham, and Rogers, Arkansas. I don’t think they franchise though. Top Golf recently started the Top Golf Suites. One opened in Fun Spot America in Fayetteville, GA last Thursday. So I have strong faith this will be the old Sears building in CPC.
The D&Bs under construction in Chattanooga and McDonough are the standard size.

And while D&Bs are operated by corporate, they do lease a lot of their space. It's possible that could be happening here if what you say is true about the Wild Wing Cafe franchise owner buying the building.

Last edited by citidata18; 06-05-2019 at 01:57 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 02:08 PM

1,054 posts, read 880,580 times
Quote:
I made mention of this late last year. I was saying the BJ’s project was dead and the gentleman that owns Wild Wing Cafe had posted a picture on his social media page stating he had bought the former Sears building and was bringing a family entertainment center here in Columbus.
The Sears building is part of Columbus Park Crossing which is owned by AVR. They have sold some of the outparcels over the years and they recently carved out the lot Red Lobster sits on and put it up for sale. But the Sears building is still part of the CPC property, hasn't been divided, and is still owned by AVR.

Maybe he meant he leased it from them.

Old 06-05-2019, 05:23 PM

161 posts, read 170,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
The Sears building is part of Columbus Park Crossing which is owned by AVR. They have sold some of the outparcels over the years and they recently carved out the lot Red Lobster sits on and put it up for sale. But the Sears building is still part of the CPC property, hasn't been divided, and is still owned by AVR.

Maybe he meant he leased it from them.
I know Sanjay and he never claimed that purchased or leased that space.

Old 06-05-2019, 07:18 PM

176 posts, read 157,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCountryBoy View Post
I know Sanjay and he never claimed that purchased or leased that space.
There was a posting on social media that I was shown so idk. I know for a fact it’s not Main Event coming. I have a friend in their management team the next stores in Georgia are planned for Newnan and Kennesaw they will be built in 2-4 years. So maybe it could be D&B or something smaller like a Starlite Fun Center in metro Atlanta or Metro Fun Center. It’s a lot of ways this facility to go.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:02 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,902,377 times
Sounds like great options all the way around!

Old 06-05-2019, 10:41 PM

123 posts, read 110,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
The fact that the construction bid is categorized as '"Amusement and Recreation Entertainment" and it's 44,430K sq. ft. really narrows down what it could possibly be.

Main Event and Topgolf are typically a bit bigger, while Columbus already has Bowlero, Sky Zone as well as Stars & Strikes.
Unfortunately, we could only dream of Topgolf here with such little space 😂. But I would be totally down for a Main Event location here, even if it’s further into the future, as I enjoyed being at the one at the Cobb Galleria.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,851,739 times
Quote:
There was a posting on social media that I was shown so idk. I know for a fact it’s not Main Event coming. I have a friend in their management team the next stores in Georgia are planned for Newnan and Kennesaw they will be built in 2-4 years. So maybe it could be D&B or something smaller like a Starlite Fun Center in metro Atlanta or Metro Fun Center. It’s a lot of ways this facility to go.
I saw this post too. It was pictures of him inside the building but I believe he deleted the post since then.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:28 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,699,271 times
Quote:
Forgot about Starlite. That's certainly a possibility.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:00 AM

123 posts, read 110,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmandr1987 View Post
Cook Out has some very good shakes. Have not tried the burgers but the peanut butter and chocolate shake tasted homemade.
The burgers, as well as the many sides you can get with the tray, are also really good as well. I’ve had a taste of their shakes as well, and I am also a fan. I had been to Cook Out numerous times before the new one here in Columbus opened up, as we have one in my college town (Starkville, MS). I knew it was going to be popping right as the doors opened for business 😂.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:53 PM

463 posts, read 519,287 times
I was driving downtown today and saw construction fencing around the old regions bank on 13th St. Please tell me someone knows what’s going in there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA