Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 03:47 PM

322 posts, read 602,541 times

Advertisements

Don't want to steal the thunder of the owner/developer/operator but I heard today that an owner of 2 of the buildings on the 1200 block of broadway is currently building out both spaces for 2 restaurants on the ground floor and a bar above one and offices or apartments above the other.

When more is announced - I'll post, but this is great news for the 1200 block and what I believe you will continue to see with CSU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 04:14 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRd View Post
Don't want to steal the thunder of the owner/developer/operator but I heard today that an owner of 2 of the buildings on the 1200 block of broadway is currently building out both spaces for 2 restaurants on the ground floor and a bar above one and offices or apartments above the other.

When more is announced - I'll post, but this is great news for the 1200 block and what I believe you will continue to see with CSU
Which building? There are big things coming to Broadway.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:42 PM

463 posts, read 518,953 times
Golf Gallery makes way for Broadway liquor business; real-estate speculation continues | Business | Columbus Ledger Enquirer

The 1200 block of Broadway is really starting to buzz with activity. I spoke with someone at W.C. Bradley last week who said they are starting renovations on the corner building next to the Bradley theater. He also said they purchased the lot next to Country's and plan on developing that site also. He says they are trying to get a full service grocer in uptown but need to put some pieces together. This is all great news. With the old Raymond Rowe building finally being sold, I think that area can truly start to be revitalized. In my opinion that corner was key to getting the ball rolling. Chris Woodruff is redeveloping some space on that block as well. If you didn't believe in the power of CSU bringing students to uptown before. You should now.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:59 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
Golf Gallery makes way for Broadway liquor business; real-estate speculation continues | Business | Columbus Ledger Enquirer

The 1200 block of Broadway is really starting to buzz with activity. I spoke with someone at W.C. Bradley last week who said they are starting renovations on the corner building next to the Bradley theater. He also said they purchased the lot next to Country's and plan on developing that site also. He says they are trying to get a full service grocer in uptown but need to put some pieces together. This is all great news. With the old Raymond Rowe building finally being sold, I think that area can truly start to be revitalized. In my opinion that corner was key to getting the ball rolling. Chris Woodruff is redeveloping some space on that block as well. If you didn't believe in the power of CSU bringing students to uptown before. You should now.
Big stuff coming, keep an eye out. Very interested to see who bought Raymond Rowe building. Did they say why they're remodeling the building next to Bradley?

Old 06-30-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
Big stuff coming, keep an eye out. Very interested to see who bought Raymond Rowe building. Did they say why they're remodeling the building next to Bradley?
He didn't say. All exciting stuff.

Old 07-01-2015, 05:54 PM

I just saw they have cleared the land next to the Book House on armour rd in front of the Fairfield Hotel. Anyone know what it is?

Old 07-02-2015, 10:25 AM

179 posts, read 289,441 times
To small for a wal-mart, I would guess a dollar store.

Old 07-04-2015, 01:19 PM

38 posts, read 49,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
To small for a wal-mart, I would guess a dollar store.
It could be a dentist or doctor office.

Old 07-04-2015, 02:06 PM

38 posts, read 49,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
It looks like it's the old Books-a-Million location.
I think it's the old Radio Shack location. A furniture store is in the old Books-a-Million location. They are next door to each other.

Old 07-05-2015, 09:35 PM

322 posts, read 602,541 times
The land next to book house will be an alternative fuel gas station - Natural gas or electric, probably both.

That furniture store in the old books-a-million is going bankrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA