Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2023, 07:00 AM

310 posts, read 258,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingtoreloc78 View Post
This is plausible. I know the Braves have been trying to get their farm teams closer to Atlanta.

I'm a little surprised that they are trying to lure a AA team...although the Astros/Mudcats were AA.

I wonder if the city will sell naming rights to Golden Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2023, 01:19 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,533,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
The current placement of the civic center doesn't benefit this plan. It has to be closer to the main road for this work. Remember how closer the auditorium was to victory drive before being demolished.
If it were up to me
I'd just overhaul the Civic Parking lot With Parking Garages and Mixed Use Buildings

Old 12-28-2023, 04:53 AM

176 posts, read 129,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Kid View Post
If it were up to me
I'd just overhaul the Civic Parking lot With Parking Garages and Mixed Use Buildings
That’s the plan actually for the private development side. Those parking lots are about to go along with that skateboard park down there.

Old 12-28-2023, 05:43 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,533,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheCity View Post
That’s the plan actually for the private development side. Those parking lots are about to go along with that skateboard park down there.
Oh Brilliant!
I can't wait to see what they come up with!

Old 12-28-2023, 07:42 PM

297 posts, read 260,057 times
Not directly related, but Memorial Stadium needs some attention. It’s well overdue for renovations/upgrades.

Old 12-29-2023, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungProfessional View Post
Not directly related, but Memorial Stadium needs some attention. It’s well overdue for renovations/upgrades.
True, hopefully it happens following this revitalization project or either talks come up regarding it during the process. But with the completion of the new Odis Spencer Stadium on Old Cusseta Rd (Southside), they probably don’t see a need to since Memorial Stadium is only used like 2x a year I think.

Old 12-29-2023, 07:24 AM

297 posts, read 260,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheCity View Post
True, hopefully it happens following this revitalization project or either talks come up regarding it during the process. But with the completion of the new Odis Spencer Stadium on Old Cusseta Rd (Southside), they probably don’t see a need to since Memorial Stadium is only used like 2x a year I think.
You’re right, unfortunately I don’t think they see the need (it honestly should have been upgraded at least 10 years prior to Spencer Stadium opening).

Columbus actually lost the Tuskegee-Morehouse Classic to Birmingham in part due to the condition of the stadium. That event used to be a major tourist draw for the city for more than 75 years. With proper upgrades and modernization, they could potentially attract more neutral site games. I wish CSU would finally get a Football team and utilize Memorial in partnership with the city.

Old 12-30-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungProfessional View Post
You’re right, unfortunately I don’t think they see the need (it honestly should have been upgraded at least 10 years prior to Spencer Stadium opening).

Columbus actually lost the Tuskegee-Morehouse Classic to Birmingham in part due to the condition of the stadium. That event used to be a major tourist draw for the city for more than 75 years. With proper upgrades and modernization, they could potentially attract more neutral site games. I wish CSU would finally get a Football team and utilize Memorial in partnership with the city.
Yeah that would be nice if CSU got a football team and joined a division. It might even help with attracting students and growing their presence downtown around Memorial Stadium if that did come to fruition.

Old 01-04-2024, 07:49 AM

1,406 posts, read 1,855,250 times
Me here to disappoint everyone. Floor & Decor is moving into the old Sears Building at Columbus Park Crossing. At this point, just glad to see something in there.

Old 01-04-2024, 08:09 AM

463 posts, read 520,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
Me here to disappoint everyone. Floor & Decor is moving into the old Sears Building at Columbus Park Crossing. At this point, just glad to see something in there.
I’m not disappointed at all. To find someone for a space that big is great. It’s been empty for so long I was wondering if it would ever get used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA