Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 03:42 PM

201 posts, read 350,232 times

Advertisements

Claudia Jordan, Ginuwine: We Were Racially Profiled | News | BET

Claudia Jordan, Ginuwine: We Were Racially Profiled

Real Housewives of Atlanta star Claudia Jordan made a trip to Auburn, Alabama on Friday (May 8) to see Ginuwine in concert, but her weekend took an unexpected turn after a run-in with mall security. According to the radio personality's Instagram account, she, along with the "Pony" singer, was allegedly kicked out of Auburn Mall after refusing to remove her sunglasses.

"What kind of BS us [sic] this?!!!!! This was the second security guard that the other white security guard sent to "handle us" after the first one harassed us 1 minute after we walked thru the door of the AUBURN mall," she captioned an IG video she posted. "He followed us demanding I take my sunglasses off. There were no signs stating 'sunglasses were prohibited' this was so blatant. I thought it was a joke at first then s**t got real."

After posting two videos with lengthy, empassioned captions, Jordan resorted to Twitter to vent even further, confirming that the police's actions were motivated by racial malice. "White patrons at the @VillageMallAU mall wearing sunglasses and NOT ONE POLICE officer or mall security guard HARASSED them like they did us," she tweeted. "#BOYCOTT Auburn Mall aka>>> @VillageMallAU."

Ginuwine cosigned with the model's claim, retweeting one of her tweets. The friends apparently took their party elsewhere as indicated from the R&B crooner's next post, which read, "Milwaukee we are here lets go!!!!! Claudia J....Tank..RL...Gwine I am tired as hell i need a nap lol."

The Auburn Mall has not yet released a statement on Jordan's claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:24 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,254,714 times
I saw the Real Housewives one time and with the attitudes of most of those "ladies" I dont doubt it went something like this....

"Ladies, the dress code probibits wearing of sunglasses or other face coverings inside the mall"

..."Oh hell no....you dont walk up to me and tell me what to do. Do you know who I am. I could buy your rent a cop a$$."

...and then they were surprised it ended badly. Then it was time to play the race card. Shocking. Heaven forbid they reflect and decide that they might have handled the situation differently.

Now, I am not saying what did or didn't happen, but if they interact with others like they interact with people on the show, I am not surprised they had issues. The whole point of the show is to flame and enrage...this would fit right in.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:37 PM

5,485 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
I saw the Real Housewives one time and with the attitudes of most of those "ladies" I dont doubt it went something like this....

"Ladies, the dress code probibits wearing of sunglasses or other face coverings inside the mall"

..."Oh hell no....you dont walk up to me and tell me what to do. Do you know who I am. I could buy your rent a cop a$$."

...and then they were surprised it ended badly. Then it was time to play the race card. Shocking. Heaven forbid they reflect and decide that they might have handled the situation differently.

Now, I am not saying what did or didn't happen, but if they interact with others like they interact with people on the show, I am not surprised they had issues. The whole point of the show is to flame and enrage...this would fit right in.
While I agree this isn't the way to act, we don't know that it went down like that. What we do know is, based on the video there were others with sunglasses on; and they weren't asked to remove them or leave. Racism does exist. I will agree that we (darker Americans) aren't really making it easy to get rid of. But not all of us carry ourselves in an unprofessional manner.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:52 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,254,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
While I agree this isn't the way to act, we don't know that it went down like that. What we do know is, based on the video there were others with sunglasses on; and they weren't asked to remove them or leave. Racism does exist. I will agree that we (darker Americans) aren't really making it easy to get rid of. But not all of us carry ourselves in an unprofessional manner.
True. I never meant to assume what did or didnt happen. I was just creating a hypothesis based upon my one viewing of a show...which may very well not be accurate.

I just have a tough time thinking her perspective isnt way off if she interacts with people in life the way they do on the show. Perhaps she carries herself in a proper manner and this happened the way she says. I dont know. I am jaded because I think they are all ridiculous.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:25 AM

5,485 posts, read 8,315,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
True. I never meant to assume what did or didnt happen. I was just creating a hypothesis based upon my one viewing of a show...which may very well not be accurate.

I just have a tough time thinking her perspective isnt way off if she interacts with people in life the way they do on the show. Perhaps she carries herself in a proper manner and this happened the way she says. I dont know. I am jaded because I think they are all ridiculous.
I personally have never watched it. I think most reality shows are fake.

Old 06-07-2015, 07:49 PM

783 posts, read 1,161,076 times
I've been to Auburn Mall many times and never had a problem, but I'm just in and out to do whatever shopping I need to do, certainly don't argue with cops... "rental" or otherwise.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:52 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,483,890 times
I recently resided in Auburn as recent as 3 years ago. This story has some legitimacy because me and my fellow graduate school level friends whom attended Auburn University noticed the very suspicious vibe of many retail establishments in the Auburn-Opelika area towards black patrons. We would note that I was even questioned one time while inside of a now-defunct store inside of the then Colonial Village Auburn-Opelika. No, I was not wearing sunglasses and I was dressed in a polo shirt with khakis. The social interactions outside of the student life at Auburn University in that area is very awkward and very avoidant or aversive in nature when it came to those black-white ones.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:20 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,096,883 times
@ one of the comments on that link.

Apparently, this same mixed black/white woman doesnt think too highly of blacks with a dark skin tone, even so far as to make racial slurs about an ex-boyfriend. Now she's all of a sudden a black victim of the racist white security guard

The irony of it all.

It appears this woman just loves to play the victim role, whether she identifies more with black or white depends on the situation. Absolutely pathetic.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: