Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2007, 12:08 PM

112 posts, read 360,129 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. Currently, I live in Cincinnati and have all my life. I attend collge here and will be moving up to Columbus with my boyfriend next summer. Right now my son is in a charter school and doing excellent. Last year he was in public school for preschool and didn't learn much at over. Ove this past summer he went to summer school for the school he is currently at, TCP World Academy and learned more in the first 3 weeks than he did all year at his old school. My boyfriend currently lives in Reynoldsburg and wants to stay out East. I like the East side it's quiet. That and in Cincinnati I also live on the east side.

Anyway, I'm doing some research on which charter school would be a close fit to the one he's at now. I went to Ohio Board of Education website and reviewed the ratings for some charter schools and came up with a list of three schools I liked. After doing more research I narrowed it down to three schools that I think are simliart to the education he is getting now. I don't have anything against public schools its just personal, I've seen him do better in a charter school. If anyone could let me know. His ex-wife's daugther attends WoodCrest. It's a good school but also year around and they have a few weeks off which might cause a problem later. I rather him go to a school year round. But these are my choices:

1. Columbus Prepartory Academy
2. South Scioto Academy
3. W C Cupe Community School

South Scioto were not rated because it just opened last year. But the other two recieved Continous improvement. I just want him to continue with a strong and rigours adcaemic circulum that is more books than play. He is a smart boy at 5 years old and is good with math. Any suggestions? I have been up to Columbus last weekend but we didn't have time to see any. Hopefully when I come up for Thanksgiving we can drive around and look. We'll be living on the East side, since hopefully, I'll be attending graduate school at Ohio University for Journalism. I want to narrow it down so I can start the process for next school year to get him in. Please help. Thanks for your comments and advice. He will be going into the 1st grade next school year. I just want a good charter school that offers good adcademics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
View detailed profiles of: