Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:00 PM

13 posts, read 44,805 times

Advertisements

Which area would you suggest that has it all? We have lived places that were growing quicker than the town could support and we don't want to make that mistake. It sounds like there are a lot of nice areas, but which one has it all....
**good schools
**good shopping
**planned community, walking trails
**community pools

So far it sounds like Dublin would be the winner...but I wonder if other areas would be a close second? We are used to living with little traffic and a lot of green space.

One last question...if it is Dublin, are their nice areas in Dublin besides Murifield and Ballantrae? I also notice that Ballantrae attends school in Hillard.

Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 11:52 AM

22 posts, read 88,399 times
Unfortunately, you will find it difficult to get away from the traffic in any of our suburbs

New Albany is a nicely planned suburb with many of the amenities you are searching for. You may consider Powell also. (Powell was rated a top 20 city in the US) Both areas are near shopping and have excellent rated schools.

In Dublin you may check into Bishops Run as well as Wyandotte Woods. Both of these communities have walking trails and green space. (I assume you are looking at newer/new construction because you are looking in Ballantrae).

You can learn about different communities on my website

brittanysimonelli.revealty.com Visit the neighborhood section.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:23 AM

26 posts, read 40,554 times
I was in your same place over 6-years ago.

I'm not sure where you will be working, but I would definitely recommend Dublin. We have lived there for over 6-years and absolutely love it. It has a great sense of community, especially if you have kids. I like that it's still small enough where you can run into people you know while you're out and about.

Dublin has controlled its growth very well and you will not find traffic and other "growing pains" to be much of a problem like you would in some of the neighboring communities.

Where to live in Dublin really depends on your price range. In my opinion, the most desirable area is north of 33/Post road around Avery and Muirfield roads (43017). The area is definitely in Dublin Schools (unlike some of the southern boundary neighborhoods). If you have kids and they play sports, Avery Park is located right there for all of the Soccer games. Dublin North pool is right there and there are parks and walking trails galore!

Muirfield is nice. I have heard that you need to watch out for the add on fees such as HOA and higher property taxes. Your better values will probably be around or south of Brand Rd. Homes in this area will range from mid-200's to under $500.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 AM

Thank you both very much! From everything I have read, Dublin seems to have it all. I have thought about Powell and New Albany, but I'm not sure they had as nice of a rec center, for the pools...and as many walking trails? It seemed like in Dublin you could use the walking trails to get to a variety of places? Since our kids are 15 and almost 11, I'd imagine they would use them. Thanks again!

Old 10-18-2008, 12:37 PM

83 posts, read 294,477 times
Best "planned" suburb? Most of Columbus just kind of grew and was not planned at all.....but the more inner suburbs like Upper Arlington and Bexley are nicely laid out and have good parks, schools, etc., so I would steer towards those areas if I were you.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:21 PM

52 posts, read 328,586 times
We live off Brand Rd in Dublin (Brandon) and they have the best elementary school in the city. Well priced homes (yes, they need some updating) but definately the best neighborhood!

Old 11-08-2008, 06:27 PM

Thanks everyone!

Old 11-09-2008, 06:03 AM

455 posts, read 1,885,374 times
Dublin has horrible traffic and is the most generic, declining suburb in C-bus...even in the non-awful bits that aren't currently attached to a strip mall, car dealership, rental complex or Outback Sh*thouse-type chain restaurant. That is why people with money, sense and limited imagination started moving out to Powell and beyond. Have you ever seen the movie The Burbs?

Old 11-09-2008, 06:25 AM

455 posts, read 1,885,374 times
Dublin actually was wonderful 25 years ago... I must add.

Please check out Grandview or Upper Arlington if you get the chance.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:30 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,377,566 times
my wife has a brother and a sister who live in grove city. they say its a nice bed-room community, low crime, quiet and good schools. to the north they are only 6 miles from downtown, and to the south is all rural. they like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus