Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 11:00 AM

25 posts, read 42,577 times

Advertisements

Everyone beware of bad cops out there. My elderly grandmother has had 2 cancer operations in the past 6 months. She underwent about 4 treatments similiar to chemo and just finished the last one.

I decided to get her a few bottles of raspberry juice for xmas. Raspberries have been shown to shrink cancerous tumors and prevent cancer.

I drove over to her house the day after xmas, and a cop (with another one in the car with him) followed me into her driveway. Then one of them got out and proceeded to tell me "you have no idea why I pulled you over do you"?

First of all, pulled me over? He pulled in behind me in my grandmother's driveway. He then proceeded to tell me I "smoked" a stop sign just a block back. I had no idea what he was talking about. I had exited a freeway type road then turned down 1 street near my grandmother's home. At the end of that road there's a T-Section, and a stop sign. The sign sits about 30 feet from the edge of the 35 MPH road where everyone must look both ways before turning right or left. You MUST pull forward after the stop sign and stop again in order to turn.

No, I didn't stop, no I just kept on going -----doing a 90 degree angle turn into 35 MPH traffic without stopping at all.......because I must have been a race car driver in a past life! Of course that explains it!

The second cop then got out. It was obvious the cop who pulled me over was a trainee. I asked him 'wasn't he going to say anything', because i KNOW I stopped before making a 90 degree right turn into 35MPH traffic. The other officer then said in an --I don't want to be here, sarcastic robot voice-----"ur required to come to a complete stop".

Oh, so which is it, I "smoked" the sign at 90 degrees, or I didn't come to a complete stop". I know I came to a complete STOP. Either the trainee was stupid, and the training officer just didn't want to be bothered training him, which he WAS acting that way. Or the cops were just plain lying. I had removed my seatbelt, trying to find my purse after I pulled into my grandmother's driveway. The cops proceeded to give me a ticket for no seatbelt also, without even telling me.

And I WAS wearing my seatbelt. I ALWAYS wear it. I make my son wear one also. I'm like a seatbelt fanatic, and giving me a seatbelt ticket is almost comical, that is, if they weren't trying to make me pay 75.00 for something I KNOW I didn't do. And another 75.00 for something I also know I didn't do.

So now, I get to pay 150.00 big ones right after spending on xmas, and I get to pay it for taking my elderly grandmother with cancer some juice to try and help her.

Last edited by copsRcrap; 12-27-2008 at 11:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 11:05 AM

Hopefully in the future, they'll make cars with running security video installed that starts over when you start a new trip. Then when cops try to lie and give out tickets, or let clueless trainees do whatever they want, because the training officer "doesn't feel like being bothered" people will be protected from their tyrannt ways.

It should be called, the "cop safe" feature.

Last edited by copsRcrap; 12-27-2008 at 11:33 AM..

Old 12-27-2008, 01:09 PM

I personally would like to extend a heart felt thanks to the Columbus City Police this holiday season. And we were just hoping they would stop the drinking and drivng and robbies during the holidays, oh wait, they haven't done that have they? They're busy doing "other" things. See above.

Personally, I don't live in Columbus, but my elderly grandmother has lived there for 30 years. Now I'm much less likely to go and visit her, even though she's legally blind and has cancer. Oh wait, didn't we just see a news clip how the elderly are victimized during the holidays? And when their family members show up to help, the Columbus City Police are all too willing to follow their family members into their driveways and make sure they are also victimized, thereby stopping them from making any furture visits. The price tag for visits is just too high. I never get pulled over at home, the taxes in my neighboorhood are high enough so our police department isn't desperate for money.

Thanks Columbus City Police, you really shouldn't have. You may have met your quota, but at what cost to your citizens?

Last edited by copsRcrap; 12-27-2008 at 01:20 PM..

Old 12-27-2008, 01:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
been there done that. i was irritated. but by your subtitle i have the strong feeling this is more than just a ticket rant post.
its not about the cops.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
been there done that. i was irritated. but by your subtitle i have the strong feeling this is more than just a ticket rant post.
its not about the cops.
Right, it's unheard of that I could be upset over getting a ticket for a T-section stop sign, where it's impossible to keep going striaight, you must turn left, or right onto a 35MPH highway, meaning you have to stop, stop sign or no stop sign you would still have to stop, it would be impoosible to NOT stop.

And, I WAS wearing my seatbelt. Now my choices are to pay a high price for things I DID NOT do, or....go to court and risk paying an even higher cost if the judge sides with the police.

And...the only reason I was there was to be a do gooder for xmas. I don't visit my grandmother that often, but when I do......look what I got for it.

Right, my post must be about something else, genius.

How many people have been there and done that, the day after xmas, (we all shell out lots of money at xmas lets face it) and while making a good will xmas gesture to an elderly family member who's ill? That's what I thought, not many. The police knew it was the day after xmas also. Haven't you seen the news, all the drinking and driving accidents going on? Haven't you seen the news about the robberies, and this is what they do with their time?

My son attends gifted class at his elementary school. He wanted a new computer for xmas. Because the economy was bad, we made the difficult decision that we could not afford that gift for him. Now we get to pay his computer savings money for next xmas to the police department for something I did not do. He also got to see and hear the police tell his mom she did something she did not do. He KNOWS I was wearing my seat belt. I made him wear his also, I always do. He was in the car, and he KNOWS I stopped. What kind of example is this for him?

He said to me, mom we need to move, so we don't have to put up with things like this. He meant where I'm originally from because he's visited there often and loves it, and it's a beautiful place to live. I don't want to move away from my family who have all moved in the area, and it hurts my heart to hear my son request this. He's so smart. Things like this do not happen in my home state, it's a much better place. It's too bad Columbus is so horrible.

Last edited by copsRcrap; 12-27-2008 at 02:18 PM..

Old 12-27-2008, 02:45 PM

3,546 posts, read 8,563,819 times
You're less likely to visit your sick grandmother because a cop gave you a ticket you dispute?

Cripes, get a grip.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
You're less likely to visit your sick grandmother because a cop gave you a ticket you dispute?

Cripes, get a grip.
It's you who need to get a grip. If you're used to being treated like dirt, then I guess that's your own personal problem.

On the other hand, I'm used to much, much better than that. I'm not used to being treated that way, it's very demeaning and second rate. And being told you did something you didn't do, and getting a ticket for not 1, but 2 offences you did NOT do, the day after xmas in an area you almost never visit.

It's not worth it, If I fight my ticket and lose, I could get up to 30 days in jail, according to the Ohio revised code for 2 traffic offenses. That means getting a traffic ticket is a very serious offense. I've never been arrested in my life, and jail? To me for an offense that could carry such a penalty, if you contest it and lose...should require more proof besides "I saw you do it, and it's my word against yours, and the judge will side with me.......... unless YOU provide proof you didn't do what I said you did, but remember I DO NOT have to provide proof, the burden of proof is yours and yours alone. You are guilty until proven innocent".

To me, traveling into Columbus jurisdiction, is like traveling into the movie Escape from New York. There are erie streets, with cops who will make you think you've entered the twilight zone. The average citizen needs to BEWARE if you must travel to that area.

Last edited by copsRcrap; 12-28-2008 at 08:32 AM..

Old 12-28-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsRcrap View Post
It's you who need to get a grip.
"I know you are but what am I"? Come on, buddy. What's next: I am rubber you are glue?

You got a ticket you disagree with. Buck up a bit. My wife got ticketed once in DC for parking in a metered space, only said meter happened to be placed in front of a building entrance. The police give you lemons sometimes...you don't have to like it, but such is life. Now, go see your ill grandmother.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:09 PM

455 posts, read 1,884,803 times
The OP could have offered this drivel in any city forum and received a mixed response at best.

Yeah buddy, we all hate having a cop driving behind us... blah blah blah. Call 610 WTVN.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
Yeah buddy, we all hate having a cop driving behind us... blah blah blah. Call 610 WTVN.
I thought the crazies were calling 1230 AM these days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus