Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:59 AM

181 posts, read 299,514 times

Advertisements

Ok, thats cool..............I thought you were commenting on my post, my bad.

I can tell that you and tek like butting heads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
We do butt heads, and I do enjoy it. I've always said if everyone agreed it would be a boring world.... and we'd never get any computer problems solved.

Old 07-25-2010, 03:17 PM

449 posts, read 877,618 times
[quote=TurcoLoco;15187450]I am sorry, I got a bit confused so do you still need me to create you the automated fix for your Vista system for the error or not?

Yes, by all means, do it. Remember that I have Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit edition with Internet Explorer 8, and Windows 6.

Thank you....................

Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Sebastian View Post
Yes, by all means, do it. Remember that I have Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit edition with Internet Explorer 8, and Windows 6.

Thank you....................
The bold part of your post didn't make sense but I am guessing Vista is also referred as Windows 6 since XP was Windows 5. Anyhow, since I got the relevant info, I doesn't matter.

OK, if the info on MS web site and the info you gave me were both accurate, then this should work like a charm. I created a fully automated fix. The fix will first export 5 of the related registry keys and zip them up. It will be named RegFiles.zip and placed on your desktop. IF the fix didn't resolve the issue then please attach the zip file to your next post so I can take a closer look at those keys.

Here is how to run the fix:
Download the attached Fix646.zip to your computer. It is actually an .exe file but due to attachment restriction of this site, I changed the extension to .zip. So, you will have to change it back from Fix646.zip to Fix646.exe.

Right-click on the file and select rename and just change its extension from .zip to .exe and click at YES/OK if it gives you a confirmation window.

Where you place it doesn't matter. Double-click on it to run it.
It will run quickly so you might only see a window flash.

When you see the RegFiles.zip file on your Desktop that would mean it ran successfully.
When done, restart (reboot) your computer and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Good Luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fix646.zip (354.8 KB, 33 views)

Old 07-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
The bold part of your post didn't make sense but I am guessing Vista is also referred as Windows 6 since XP was Windows 5. Anyhow, since I got the relevant info, I doesn't matter.

OK, if the info on MS web site and the info you gave me were both accurate, then this should work like a charm. I created a fully automated fix. The fix will first export 5 of the related registry keys and zip them up. It will be named RegFiles.zip and placed on your desktop. IF the fix didn't resolve the issue then please attach the zip file to your next post so I can take a closer look at those keys.

Here is how to run the fix:
Download the attached Fix646.zip to your computer. It is actually an .exe file but due to attachment restriction of this site, I changed the extension to .zip. So, you will have to change it back from Fix646.zip to Fix646.exe.

Right-click on the file and select rename and just change its extension from .zip to .exe and click at YES/OK if it gives you a confirmation window.

It will run quickly so you might only see a window flash.

When you see the RegFiles.zip file on your Desktop that would mean it ran successfully.
When done, restart (reboot) your computer and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Good Luck!
Hello, Turco: This is what happened: When I tried to open the file, Windows states it cannot open the folder, and continues with the following:

The compressed [zipped] folders 'C:\Users\Owner\App Data\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content. IE5\
10GEECJG\Fix646[1].Zip' is invalid.

Waiting for your reply, I will be here until 4p, EST, and will return after 11p. Thank you,

Old 07-27-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Hello, Turco: This is what happened: When I tried to open the file, Windows states it cannot open the folder, and continues with the following:

The compressed [zipped] folders 'C:\Users\Owner\App Data\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content. IE5\
10GEECJG\Fix646[1].Zip' is invalid.

Waiting for your reply, I will be here until 4p, EST, and will return after 11p. Thank you,
Ah Miranda ah, I just got a few more gray hair...

OK, this is from my earlier post but in bold so you can see what very critical step you skipped:

Quote:

PS. Fix646[1].Zip tells me you downloaded this file more than once hence the [1] at the end of the actual file name. If this is this is because you downloaded the first version meant for Windows XP then make sure to delete both and download again but try to place the file on to Desktop to make it easier and minimize errors.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Ah Miranda ah, I just got a few more gray hair...

OK, this is from my earlier post but in bold so you can see what very critical step you skipped:

PS. Fix646[1].Zip tells me you downloaded this file more than once hence the [1] at the end of the actual file name. If this is this is because you downloaded the first version meant for Windows XP then make sure to delete both and download again but try to place the file on to Desktop to make it easier and minimize errors.
Well, when I clicked on it, the first thing that came up was Open, Save, or Cancel. So I clicked on Open, and then downloaded it. So if it is not Open, then do I click Save ?

Old 07-27-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Well, when I clicked on it, the first thing that came up was Open, Save, or Cancel. So I clicked on Open, and then downloaded it. So if it is not Open, then do I click Save ?
Yes, please click on 'Save' and then pick Desktop as the location when the window pops up asking you where to save.

Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Yes, please click on 'Save' and then pick Desktop as the location when the window pops up asking you where to save.
Under file name there is another entry: Saved as Type: Compressed [zipped] folder, or All files. Which one I choose? Thank you,

Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Under file name there is another entry: Saved as Type: Compressed [zipped] folder, or All files. Which one I choose? Thank you,
Leave File name and File type fields as they are, only select the location as Desktop (there should be an icon with the name Desktop underneath on the left side of that window, just click on it).

AFTER you save it, then:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers