Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 11:20 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times

Advertisements

Is this an article or some kind of editorial? Because it contained no facts as far as I am able to tell. Just a story about some gal who was upset at her co-worker's treatment of her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 12:40 PM

3,923 posts, read 6,836,808 times
I work in a tech heavy industry where a lot of coders have to co-exist with a few female counter parts. I will admit that there is quite a bit of sexist jokes, and sexist work tasks that would take place at my old company. For example, the women usually would plan the birthday partys, happy hours, and company outings. Overall the women are all VERY happy though. We had one women who was very offended at times, but even she learned to deal with it. I think it takes a certain kind of women to deal with it all and is able to contribute to the joking.

I dont enjoy an uptight workplace, but I also would not want to see anyone offended. Its a fine line that will occasionally get crossed. As long as everyone is on the same page, it can be a rewarding experience for all.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:48 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I used to run into that 35 years ago. I solved it by ordering "rumless" rum and cokes. I always talked to the bartender beforehand so they would know that when I ordered one it had no rum in it. That way I could order one with fellow workers around me and get a fake drink. Worked like a charm.

That's it! The reason men can't figure out women is because they are a separate race.

Damn! That explains a lot!!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Whether men or women why should a group of individuals have to change their behavior because one person is offended? So twenty people are OK with dirty jokes but we should stop telling them because one person doesn't like them? But, they don't want special treatment. Sure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers